Chicken/bird addicted in Germany

CuddleNest

Songster
Jun 20, 2020
Germany
Hi, Greetings from Germany! I'm new to byc and relatively new to chickens but already hopelessly addicted to both. :frow Here's a bit about us.
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
kinda, summer of 2018

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

8 (rooster, 4 hens, 3 not-sure-which-gender chicks) + 2 ducklings

(3) What breeds do you have?

bantam wyandotte, araucaner, german sperber, and a backyard mystery mixed breed...ducks could be mulard or pekin

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Where to begin...I love/need how they force me to start my day early and smell the fresh air... the eggs, the antics, the cuddle moments and therapy...having them has helped us convert to a more self sufficient lifestyle

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

logic puzzles, gardening, hiking

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

The Feathered share an urban/burb-ish homestead with my 2 human children, our devoted dog, and our reliable killer yet cuddly cat...

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I've been on the site since researching
getting chickens 2 to 3 years ago. I like the humor, feedback, and info. Finally taking the plunge to share some of my chaotic avian joy! I'm hoping to be included in the duck group and european thread/group as well because a bit of the information from the US about medicine and food is not always available in my location.

Welcome to BYC. I love hearing about chicken keeping in different countries!
I've never raised chickens in the US, but based on the forums at byc, it seems that Germany (at least in the state we are in) has some interesting differences. Til now, Ive noticed variations mainly in food, predators, and ordinances/registration. Can fill you in any time :)

Back
Top Bottom