Chicken Coop Camera- recommdations needed please!

mrskenmore

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Apr 21, 2014
Long Island, NY
Hi All!

Recently Amazon stopped supporting my cloud cam which i had mounted in the run of my coop to view my nine hens. I really liked this camera, it was plug in, wifi, night vision, motion sensored and stored videos for 24 hours. Multiple people could view on several different devices, there was an internet page interface so I could also watch on a big computer screen while at work. There was never any issues, and did well outdoors covered in the run for many years without a problem in the cold and snowy NY winters. Amazon replaced the camera for free with the blink camera. Within two hours my family and I do not like this camera. :mad: The picture is just okay, seems a little fish eye and distorted. It isn't continously recording with motion despite playing with the settings and more than one device cannot view at the same time!! :barnie

I also think there will be a monthly fee once my trial is up.

Could someone recommend a coop camera for me that they have and really like?

Specs needed:
Color camera
Night vision
Motion sensor
24 hour video storage with easy review
Able to view in app on multiple devices at same time
Internet web page viewing
Plug in
Wifi
No monthly fee (if possible)

Thanks in advance all- really Just want my old cloud cam back 😪 it was simple and worked great as you can see in the attached photo lol!!

Attachments

• 20181203_202721_IMG_4431.PNG
    20181203_202721_IMG_4431.PNG
    681.7 KB · Views: 105
we have a Wansview camera in the run.
it was maybe 50 bucks, it is a plug in model, but they have batterie powered ones as well.
It is wifi and theoretically can be viewed from anywhere as well.
My husband runs it on his tablet and cellphone.
I should have tried it out before putting the chicks in the run, it has a siren option as well. It works well as 2-way communicator as well.
the nightvision is also pretty good, even if I can't tell the difference between my similarly marked chickens
I initially wanted something else (I think a blink) but like this one very much.
You can also move it around for a better view

Back
Top Bottom