Chicken diarrhea

Olgakim

In the Brooder
May 27, 2019
West Stockbridge, MA
Hi guys!

I was hoping you could help. I have a small flock of chickens who currently reside at my friends. I have previously lost two chickens to respotory infections, and I’ve done two rounds of the antibiotics. I recently lost another girl seemingly out of nowhere. I hadn’t noticed any panting or unusual behavior. Since her passing, I’ve noticed my rooster panting heavier and resting more frequently. This has also been during the intense heat wave that we did not get any reprieve from for weeks in the northeast. Since temps have cooled a tad, I havent noticed him panting, but he is resting more. I’ve also noticed that all the chickens have diarrhea. They have had diarrhea butts in the past, but I usually pay attention and it always goes back to normal stool. So basically, I’m reaching out to you guys to see if anyone has any ideas on if the diarrhea is indicative of anything concerning. I’ve added all the extra details so you have a full picture. The chickens all have lots of fresh water (like 4 different sources), lots of grain food, as well as regular fresh fruits and veggies. They also have grass in the coop. They have shade. I haven’t noticed them itching or anything. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2FD3FAB6-2218-4676-BD71-6253D3B20BC5.jpeg
    2FD3FAB6-2218-4676-BD71-6253D3B20BC5.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17

Back
Top Bottom