Chicken math is calling!

You people are just silly, there is no “math” involved!!
Here’s an example..
We had 8 hens, pretty little girls scratching in the yard. I go to work, a few days later I come home and see 8 hens scratching in the yard, and 4 hens in the coop, and a rooster. It’s okay though, since they just showed up.
After the weekend I go back to work, come home at the end of the week and look out in the field to see 12 hens and a roo scratching the grass looking for goodies, but there are 9 nuggets following them around, so cute when they are learning to scratch. Being as they just appeared I’m not concerned, since nobody complains overly much if they find a coin on the ground, it’s free.
It goes on like this for months, and even years, have even had turkeys appear and Guineas.
So, in conclusion, it has nothing to do with math, I go to work and when I come home the wormhole in my property drops off a few more animals. It’s a phenomenon that I don’t question.
You have a wormhole on your property? Where did you buy it? 🤣

😬I ordered 20 chicks that arrived 2/28. 20 was more than I wanted but due to shipping minimums that’s what I ended up with. So to be responsible I sold a few to my neighbor(this was agreed upon at time of order) and then after that had a coworker purchase some. Well chicken math hit my coworker too and they ended up taking more than I thought so now I just have 9left. I just found out my local feed store just had chicks arrive today!
9 is plenty.
I don’t need more than 9 chicks.
My baby is leaving for college this fall so I definitely don’t need that many eggs for just my husband and I.
I do not need any more chicks.
But I ordered marans and I’m pretty positive all those were taken, so I could just go look to see if they have any of those in….
Really, the 9 I have seem healthy, it’s not like I should plan to lose any before they start laying.
But what if some are boys, they are only 90% accurate at sexing them…
9 is fiiiiiiine.
The store probably already sold any marans they had anyway.
9 will be good, I can order again next year.
The store opens at 7 tomorrow…..
I have only 9 too, surely that's enough for my family right?? I can't possibly need anymore, especially every egg color to complete my egg assortment right?? It never hurts just to go look a little, not buy, just look a little tiny bit right?? 🤞 🤣

😬I ordered 20 chicks that arrived 2/28. 20 was more than I wanted but due to shipping minimums that’s what I ended up with. So to be responsible I sold a few to my neighbor(this was agreed upon at time of order) and then after that had a coworker purchase some. Well chicken math hit my coworker too and they ended up taking more than I thought so now I just have 9left. I just found out my local feed store just had chicks arrive today!
9 is plenty.
I don’t need more than 9 chicks.
My baby is leaving for college this fall so I definitely don’t need that many eggs for just my husband and I.
I do not need any more chicks.
But I ordered marans and I’m pretty positive all those were taken, so I could just go look to see if they have any of those in….
Really, the 9 I have seem healthy, it’s not like I should plan to lose any before they start laying.
But what if some are boys, they are only 90% accurate at sexing them…
9 is fiiiiiiine.
The store probably already sold any marans they had anyway.
9 will be good, I can order again next year.
The store opens at 7 tomorrow…..
Oh yes!! You are funny! I can hear myself in there. However, I find I only need a hen per person in residence. I don’t eat eggs every day but every other. Spare hen as a “just in case” and you’re covered. With your neighbours also having eggs, you will not run short. But they are cute so.. good luck!😉

I am trying not to let chicken math get me. But I do tell everyone I know that they need at least 2 chickens. Having owned many different pets from small to large, these are the best in my eyes right now; docile, cute, fluffy, friendly, easy to clean (mobile coop), benefit from eggs and poo and straw mulch. Permaculture and people perfect. What’s not to like?

Back
Top Bottom