I can't see human urine doing much good. It's good fertilizer, that much I know but there are still stray cats that come into the yard once in a while. I had to take a shot at one this morning who thought it was going to stalk my girls.

Aaron

Trespass/attack is a tough deal, especially when the root cause is an irresponsible human.

After the last attempted attack, I started looking for a Livestock Guardian Dog and began fencing in a run.
I will talk to them once nicely, explaining please keep your pet on your yard, it is doing XXX to my YYY. If they are receptive then cool, if it's your typical trailer park trash, then, ok, you had your one warning, next time the dog attacks on my property it is not going back home. Not the dogs fault but can't have it killing my stuff either.

So far it's been many years since I had a dog problem, and hopefully I don't forsee one. Everyone here is responsible with their pets as far as I have seen. Tasering the thing is a good deterrent too. I had to do that once to a dog that kept at the trash.

Many many years ago, in a different time, I got bit by a german shephard, it would chase people on bikes, it and the 3 other dogs the dirty white trash owned. The dogs would actually cross the sidewalk and either get you in the street or cross onto the other sidewalk on the other side and 3 would bark and one would go around and bite / attack you. She would actually look out the door / window and laugh. This dog bit many people in the neighborhood, (well it was unincorporated but lets just say local people), I guess you could call that a hood???anyways...

I got bit, and tried to talk to the person, more of a LOOK, this is F'd up, but I am not going to cause trouble IF you FIX your dog problem, and can show me the dog had it's shots. She would not answer the door, looked out the window, but would not answer. I managed to keep my cool and I called the sherriff, she would not answer the door for the sherrriff either. I verified with the sherriff, this IS unincorporated right, he said yep, I said, so technically, during deer season I could hunt deer here, he said, responsibly but yep, just don't cross over THAT way into the neighborhood about half a block away and you are fine.

Two days later me and a friend rode by on bikes, and the dogs came out again, this time when the german shephard went around the moment it opened it's mouth to come at me, I had my .357 ready. Dog biting problem cured. She had a fit, called the cops, and they gave her several tickets and impounded the other dogs.

what was really sad was, about 2 weeks later, she got her dogs back in the mean time and one of the 3 left (all shephards) attacked her 9 year old son and almost killed the poor boy, it tore his face and head all up, he ended up losing an ear and needing like 160 stitches in the head and all, it was absolutely horrible, it made the news and everything. I wanted her thrown under the jail and tried pressing charges and all but was basically told, YOU were not part of that attack so there's nothing you can do, concerned citizen or anything. The dogs are all getting put down so. well.. in the eyes of the law.. problem solved, it's a personal problem for them now. I can remember to this day, his name was Tommy Stankey, the kid attacked.

It turned out the dogs were all from the same litter,and given they were shephards, which are not really known too bad for attacking people like that, (AFAIK at the time) we were wondering if it was inbreeding or some genetic defect in the litter, like breeding brother sister, dad daughter or something.

Some people just should not have animals, especially dangerous ones. I mean how many times do you read in the news, pit bull attacks, xx killed... that kind of crap is just as much the humans fault too and IMO the human needs to be put down along with the dog in some cases. Like with Tommy.

Good luck with your neighbor problem, and I sure hope you don't have to go to that extreme, but if neighbors are not going to take care of a problem, there is absolutely no reason that YOU have to live in terror in a house YOU PAID FOR !!! I'll leave it at that.

Aaron

I will talk to them once nicely, explaining please keep your pet on your yard, it is doing XXX to my YYY. If they are receptive then cool, if it's your typical trailer park trash, then, ok, you had your one warning, next time the dog attacks on my property it is not going back home. Not the dogs fault but can't have it killing my stuff either.

So far it's been many years since I had a dog problem, and hopefully I don't forsee one. Everyone here is responsible with their pets as far as I have seen. Tasering the thing is a good deterrent too. I had to do that once to a dog that kept at the trash.

Many many years ago, in a different time, I got bit by a german shephard, it would chase people on bikes, it and the 3 other dogs the dirty white trash owned. The dogs would actually cross the sidewalk and either get you in the street or cross onto the other sidewalk on the other side and 3 would bark and one would go around and bite / attack you. She would actually look out the door / window and laugh. This dog bit many people in the neighborhood, (well it was unincorporated but lets just say local people), I guess you could call that a hood???anyways...

I got bit, and tried to talk to the person, more of a LOOK, this is F'd up, but I am not going to cause trouble IF you FIX your dog problem, and can show me the dog had it's shots. She would not answer the door, looked out the window, but would not answer. I managed to keep my cool and I called the sherriff, she would not answer the door for the sherrriff either. I verified with the sherriff, this IS unincorporated right, he said yep, I said, so technically, during deer season I could hunt deer here, he said, responsibly but yep, just don't cross over THAT way into the neighborhood about half a block away and you are fine.

Two days later me and a friend rode by on bikes, and the dogs came out again, this time when the german shephard went around the moment it opened it's mouth to come at me, I had my .357 ready. Dog biting problem cured. She had a fit, called the cops, and they gave her several tickets and impounded the other dogs.

what was really sad was, about 2 weeks later, she got her dogs back in the mean time and one of the 3 left (all shephards) attacked her 9 year old son and almost killed the poor boy, it tore his face and head all up, he ended up losing an ear and needing like 160 stitches in the head and all, it was absolutely horrible, it made the news and everything. I wanted her thrown under the jail and tried pressing charges and all but was basically told, YOU were not part of that attack so there's nothing you can do, concerned citizen or anything. The dogs are all getting put down so. well.. in the eyes of the law.. problem solved, it's a personal problem for them now. I can remember to this day, his name was Tommy Stankey, the kid attacked.

It turned out the dogs were all from the same litter,and given they were shephards, which are not really known too bad for attacking people like that, (AFAIK at the time) we were wondering if it was inbreeding or some genetic defect in the litter, like breeding brother sister, dad daughter or something.

Some people just should not have animals, especially dangerous ones. I mean how many times do you read in the news, pit bull attacks, xx killed... that kind of crap is just as much the humans fault too and IMO the human needs to be put down along with the dog in some cases. Like with Tommy.

Good luck with your neighbor problem, and I sure hope you don't have to go to that extreme, but if neighbors are not going to take care of a problem, there is absolutely no reason that YOU have to live in terror in a house YOU PAID FOR !!! I'll leave it at that.

Aaron

There's more to the situation than I'll write on a public forum. The individual involved is not very responsible, nor mature.

As I said, she replaced the German Shepherd with another problem dog. If the Husky or the new dog were shot, it would be replaced just the same *PLUS* I might have slashed tires. Despite numerous surveillance cameras on 2 different networks (one by cellular and one by network cable), I am not guaranteed to capture video evidence. Fiber will be installed soon, thank God, however my better cameras will no longer be supported after December 2.

Sounds like a meth head problem to me.
. there are ways of dealing with those vermin too, where they take themselves out of the picture. but as you said, not for a public forum.

good luck, im sorry to hear you have this kind of an issue

aaron

Here, in the city, if a dog bites a human once, it can be put down. We have leash laws here, so your dog must be in your fenced yard or on a leash. No just running the neighborhood allowed.

I had an issue with the neighbor’s cat hopping the fence and continually using my garden as a litter box. I fenced the garden off initially, but then it started using the perennial beds that surround the yard. The last straw was when my little dog found/ate the feces and became ill requiring vet trip for vomiting/diarrhea. Also, the cat would hop the fence in the middle of the night to play with my dog every time I would take him to potty. It got old being referee at 2:00 AM to a little Yorkie and a large cat when I needed to go back to sleep. I in fact did solve the problem! I replaced the fence with an 8 ft board over board fence, and the hubby lined the entire top with double rows of plastic spike strips (purchased on Amazon). The tips are blunt, not sharp, so they won’t hurt the cat - just make it miserable to grab onto. Problem completely solved! (No cat for 9 months now)

Sounds like a meth head problem to me.
. there are ways of dealing with those vermin too, where they take themselves out of the picture. but as you said, not for a public forum.

good luck, im sorry to hear you have this kind of an issue

aaron
Surprising update from my other neighbor: Both of that owner's dogs escaped (I gather over the weekend). Only one was found.

After feeding/watering my chickens and collecting eggs this morning, I went inside briefly to fix a heat lamp. When I returned all of the hens in the run were on top of the roof (as if spooked), one hen appeared missing, and one of the eggs from my basket was removed/smashed nearby on the ground. Guessing maybe one of those dogs, but I didn't see it personally. Hopefully security footage captured something.

Call the cops, sooner or later they will take care of the meth head problem.
If they start retaliating, then stay up late a few nights and when they trespass, you got a nice addition to your compost heap.

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom