Chicken salad -or- Weed N Feed

Chicken salad -or- Weed N Feed

• Total voters

Ar Los

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 27, 2018
Stockton, California
Started to clean along the driveway, then thought, chickens would like this clover I should pull it and bring it to them......nah, I'll bring them to the clover and save myself a lot of work.

Attachments

• WeedNFeedOrChickenSalad.jpg
    WeedNFeedOrChickenSalad.jpg
    259.4 KB · Views: 12
So true lol! :jumpy

Your Australorps are beautiful! :)
... All that healthy salad. :p
From the day I got them I started if one was a rooster from the way it was acting. Over a month later I finally found out I needed to look at the feet. 3 Australorps - pink feet, 1 Jersey Giant - yellow feet (this one studys everything and softly burrks like asking a question). They are all hens, the Jersey just started laying last week....finally....9 MONTHS later

From the day I got them I started if one was a rooster from the way it was acting. Over a month later I finally found out I needed to look at the feet. 3 Australorps - pink feet, 1 Jersey Giant - yellow feet (this one studys everything and softly burrks like asking a question). They are all hens, the Jersey just started laying last week....finally....9 MONTHS later
They can grow slowly, but usually not hatchery chickens like yours.

Neat trick for identifying Jerseys vs Australorps! Although Egyptian Fayoumi hens can start lay as soon as 4 months, many ornamental breeds and large breeds are a little late to begin their first laying cycle. My Crevcouers did not begin lay until 9 months... even though they are very healthy. :)

Back
Top Bottom