Woodwivesjournal

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2018
We are going to be gone for 3 weeks and have no one in our area to care for them the way we do?
Any info for east Volusia county(Ormond by the sea) Florida? Any info will help. Thanks

Luci

We are going to be gone for 3 weeks and have no one in our area to care for them the way we do?
Any info for east Volusia county(Ormond by the sea) Florida? Any info will help. Thanks
Luci
:welcome I used to go off for the summer and have someone I could trust look after my birds. Unfortunately the fellow passed away from a heart attack so now I stay home. Good luck and have fun...

I personally don't want someone else with chickens caring for mine unless I know they'll be good about changing their footwear. I used to take care of my neighbors chickens for them but never asked them up take care of mine.

I am the same way. I have shoes that I only wear around the coops and pens. I have my birds tested yearly by the state and my testing was done recently. I usually get the birds and put them in cages and back into their coops after they are tested. This time the testing agent was early. I had most of the birds ready and she offered to help me get the rest but I told her that I appreciated her offer but I don't know where she has been and prefer to get the birds my self. She said she understood.

Back
Top Bottom