Chicken smarts!

MommyGirl

Crowing
Jul 10, 2020
Georgia
Have you ever been outsmarted by your chickens? Well I have!

My run is set up so that it’s a run on both side of the coop and smaller run behind coop like 3 runs connected with 2 gates. Now the gates are always left open connecting the runs all the way around the coop! Now take in mind that my coop has pop doors on both side to go through either way!

If your chickens are anything like mine they follow me everywhere and are all under foot if I’m trying to do anything in there.
I needed to do some things in one of the run sides. And totally not thinking I go through the back 2 gates. I shut them as I’m going through to block the chickens from following me and by the time I shut both gates and turn around all 26 of them come flying out the pop door under my feet in the side with me looking up at me like where you think your going.
I just stood there and all I could do was laugh! I felt so stupid that I just got outsmarted by some chickens. Now either I’m really stupid or they are pretty smart! I clearly forgot about their pop door but those girls didn’t!

Back
Top Bottom