Chicken - sore foot?

Mamachic1967

Songster
8 Years
Apr 1, 2015
It's been 4 days since I noticed one of my ladies was limping. I believe the girls got a little agressive when I fed them worms and she might have gotten tackled? She is still eating and laying thankfully. How long should I expect before she heals? I think she just bruised it because she's keeping up with my other girls. Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Last edited:
Can you get a pic of it? She may have bumblefoot. I've had a hen attacked by a German Shepard-wolf mix (neighbor's dog). She could barely walk on the good leg. I put her in a pet carrier for 2 weeks to give her time to heal. She made a full recovery. I've also had a rooster who got ran over accidentally by a zero turn mower. He limped for a couple months, but also made a full recovery.

If she has bumblefoot, I can assist you with direction on the surgery. Just hang in there. Chickens are very resilient.

Thank you. I will try and post a photo later. I doesn't seem to be bothering her, she is uing it which id great, but if he;s still limping, I'm a little concerned.

hanks for repoding.

Back
Top Bottom