CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went home to get more money for a polish roo and came back too late. Anyone in the vicinity of claremont NH have a polish roo for sale?

I am in Claremont. I have several polish cockerels I am planning to take to the Concord swap. Are you looking for a particular color?

I do hope that people are asking if the chickens they are buying are from tested flocks of Ms/Mg as well as npip. It is very heartbreaking when your flock is quarantined because you didn't know the birds you were getting had the viruses.

I do hope that people are asking if the chickens they are buying are from tested flocks of Ms/Mg as well as npip.  It is very heartbreaking when your flock is quarantined because you didn't know the birds you were getting had the viruses.

Your birds are quarantined because you do have the virus in your flock and you have chosen not to cull. I will not and have not bought birds locally but do tell folks volunteeringly I have had my birds tested negative. I place it in my ad when I sell off my extras and culls. Its the flocks that are swarming with it I worry about also. What have you been doing with your culls and extra birds from your flock? And when you are in contact with other chicken folk do you volunteer or ask them the same?

Your birds are quarantined because you do have the virus in your flock and you have chosen not to cull. I will not and have not bought birds locally but do tell folks volunteeringly I have had my birds tested negative. I place it in my ad when I sell off my extras and culls. Its the flocks that are swarming with it I worry about also. What have you been doing with your culls and extra birds from your flock? And when you are in contact with other chicken folk do you volunteer or ask them the same?

thumbsup.gif

Yes I do. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through what we are. It's not funny but the birds I have been losing have been the ones I had gotten from TSC and the swaps this last spring not the ones that belonged to me or the ones I have hatched. As far as the culls go, I still have all the ones I had since I had to close my flock. I wouldn't pass them on to anyone knowing they might have the ms/mg. I also practice biosecurity as to not pass anything from from clothes or shoes or hands to any one elses birds.
I just wanted to remind everyone to ask so they won't be disappointed like we were.

Quote:
Many times when folks see the incoming birds die and not the ones they have on hand it is because those birds have already been exposed and are now immune to the disease. Your hatchlings are already infected as you know it is transovarian. Everyone can do as they wish with their flock but it saddens me some that you are bringing in new birds to essentially their doom. If you ever decide you would want to do a complete start over with clean and properly sanitized coops and the state lifts your quarantine I would be very glad to assist you by sending you a few birds free of charge which you could use to partially help you grow a new flock again.

Many times when folks see the incoming birds die and not the ones they have on hand it is because those birds have already been exposed and are now immune to the disease. Your hatchlings are already infected as you know it is transovarian. Everyone can do as they wish with their flock but it saddens me some that you are bringing in new birds to essentially their doom. If you ever decide you would want to do a complete start over with clean and properly sanitized coops and the state lifts your quarantine I would be very glad to assist you by sending you a few birds free of charge which you could use to partially help you grow a new flock again.

Okay, I think you misunderstood me. I have not been hatching any since last spring, before I knew about the ms/mg.
I was not tryng to start any problems here. I was just trying to remind people to ask before they buy.
Thank you for your offer to start over.

Last edited:
Here are the last swaps for this season

WINNISQUIAM OSBORNES AGWAY
304 DW HWY
BELMONT NH
SUNDAY
OCT 13
10AM TO 2PM
=============
CONCORD OSBORNES AGWAY
258 SHEEP DAVIS RD
CONCORD NH
SUNDAY
OCT 20
10AM TO 2PM
============
HOOKSETT OSBORNES AGWAY
343 LONDONDERRY TRNPK
HOOKSETT NH
SUNDAY
OCT 27
10AM TO 2 PM
============

No set up fees for the rest of the season

Okay, I think you misunderstood me. I have not been hatching any since last spring, before I knew about the ms/mg.
I was not tryng to start any problems here. I was just trying to remind people to ask before they buy.
Thank you for your offer to start over.

Did you put this "helpful" notice on any other thread? It seems to me that the people who run the swaps have done more than any other organization to keep chickens healthy. I have been to fairs and bird shows. There is no bio security that I can see. Did any other organization volunteer to shut down to track a problem? I want to say thank you to blazing saddles. I feel very safe buying from swaps. I have a lot of respect for what blazing saddles did to keep poultry safe.

I know disease should be discussed on the disease threads. Sorry if I should not ask this here. When you are under quarentine with sick birds the birds may appear healthy but they are not. Should you chooseto bring in new healthy birds wouldn't they become exposed and get sick from the quarantined birds that appear healthy? Please answer me in a pm if I did wrong by asking this here. I am just trying to understand.

Did you put this "helpful" notice on any other thread? It seems to me that the people who run the swaps have done more than any other organization to keep chickens healthy. I have been to fairs and bird shows. There is no bio security that I can see. Did any other organization volunteer to shut down to track a problem? I want to say thank you to blazing saddles. I feel very safe buying from swaps. I have a lot of respect for what blazing saddles did to keep poultry safe.

I know disease should be discussed on the disease threads. Sorry if I should not ask this here. When you are under quarentine with sick birds the birds may appear healthy but they are not. Should you chooseto bring in new healthy birds wouldn't they become exposed and get sick from the quarantined birds that appear healthy? Please answer me in a pm if I did wrong by asking this here. I am just trying to understand.

To answer your question, No, I didn't post it anywhere else because this is the only forum I keep up with.
I never had a bad word to say about the people who run the swaps. I also think they do a good job of running the swaps and have actually been friends with them for quite some time.
If I had known about ms/mg going around, I would have been alot more cautious of where my birds came from and that is the only reason I put that post out there for others to see.
I made alot of new friends doing the swaps the last few years and have gotten some awesome birds there as well.
I don't understand why everyone is getting on the defensive to my my post. I wish someone had warned against these diseases before I spent so much money and time on my birds.
I choose to not cull my birds because they are like pets to me. If I even think they are suffering, I will cull them but not before then.

To answer your other question, yes they will become exposed to the diseases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom