Chicken with labored, crackly breathing, doesn't seem serious yet, but one died of the same thing last year

cooingdove

Crowing
Jul 30, 2020
finger lakes NY
Hi y'all
I was wondering if you have any recommendations for treating respritory issues in chickens. My friend's chicken is having a hard time breathing and makes a concerning crackinling noise when she breaths but otherwise seems fine. Any advice?

Is there any swelling of the eyelid or face, or any bubbles/foam in one eye? Any crusty drainage, sneezing, or gasping? Is she wheezing or having stridor? How is her comb color? Do you have a video that can be uploaded to YouTube or a picture?

Is there any swelling of the eyelid or face, or any bubbles/foam in one eye? Any crusty drainage, sneezing, or gasping? Is she wheezing or having stridor? How is her comb color? Do you have a video that can be uploaded to YouTube or a picture?
Her eye is fine so far, no swelling or foam. although our chicken that died last year after developing similar symptoms did have foam. she isn't really sneezing, just repeatedly struggling to inhale and crakling. her comb is okay as of now. she is my friends chicken so the only video i have of her has her face in it. I can try to get an audio file.

Back
Top Bottom