Chickens allowed in Sugarland, TX

HIDE UMM!
im going to get them and i live in a subdivison that yells at you about your trash cans!!! lol well i live right outside of houston. close to there.
but idk about the chicken laws i think it is 50ft from any house idk.

Carla, I don't --I have a niece & family here from TX that i am trying to give some Silkies to. (evil grin) The wife and daughters would love them, but hubby isn't enthused. LOL

I read this thread a couple months ago and decided to call the city to ask, since this thread seemed to be inconclusive. Animal control said it's against the city ordinance, but I found an ordinance from 2010 saying that it's okay, so I don't know what to think. I finally gave up on trying to be lawful and am just going to go ahead and do it. My neighbors have all accepted my bribe of silence with free eggs, so I think that'll do just fine as long as no nosy city employees go hopping my fence.

Anyone know how to check if Chickens are allowed in Sugarland, TX.? I can't figure out how to find out.
Confirmed, they are not. I'm not sure if the ordinance has changed, but the current ordinance is that fowl are not allowed in any residentially zoned neighborhood. Still, that hasn't stopped myself or many others in the area. Did you ever end up getting chickens? I'd like to meet other SL chicken owners in hopes that we might be able to get the ordinance changed like they recently did in Houston.

Confirmed, they are not. I'm not sure if the ordinance has changed, but the current ordinance is that fowl are not allowed in any residentially zoned neighborhood. Still, that hasn't stopped myself or many others in the area. Did you ever end up getting chickens? I'd like to meet other SL chicken owners in hopes that we might be able to get the ordinance changed like they recently did in Houston.
We are in north SLTX and I'm working on figuring out our own backyard coop. ill help with changing it if we still need to.

Back
Top Bottom