Chickens don't puke...do they?

Thank you! I put the hen in a dog pen where she could see the other flock,but they couldn't mess with her. I massaged her crop and held her face towards the ground sevral times. I did so again this morning and she doesn't have that much in her crop now. She is sleeping. Tomorrow I will try to feed her.

Last edited:
I just put some pureed peaches (No sugar,just plain.) in her pen. I massaged her crop (Some stuff came out. It was more liquid this time.) and she had evidently drank some water. My only worry is that she acted a little bit sluggish and I saw she was sleeping with her head in her bedding. Should I be concerned or is this part of the curing process?

Last edited:
How old is your chicken? I don't know much about sour crop, but slow moving crops can be very common with other diseases such as coccidiosis. Fluids will come up when you massage a big crop. I just wouldn't want to miss something like another illness causing her crop problem. She sounds pretty weak and might need some fluids and electrolytes. I wouldn't massage or vomit her until she perks up some.

Back
Top Bottom