Chickenstocks : A "How To" Manual - Best Practices & Ideas

Quote:
I totally agree with this. Our chickenstock wasn't all that big, but it was a tough job trying to organize it all myself! Needless to say, it wasn't near as organized as I would have liked, hopefully next year's will be better
fl.gif

Hopefully you had the chance to meet and possibly recruit some help from some of your more trusted members. What few people realize is that you still have to get in there and manage the details, or they kinda fall by the wayside. I was fortunate in having some very good folks who gave their all and just took the ball and ran with it, Those kind of folks make all the difference. Feel free to PM me for any help or suggestions, here to help.

AL

I don't think so, Shay, if you hold it at your house. You might want to contact member Shultz (Kathleen). She had one at her house last year, and she could probably let you know if she needed to do anything in particular for the country or township or whatever.

Quote:
Thanks, yea i got a lot of advice from al6517,
and i am going to have one here at my house, as a privet party cookout yard sale, hehehe but it will be our chickenstock.

Quote:
I totally agree with this. Our chickenstock wasn't all that big, but it was a tough job trying to organize it all myself! Needless to say, it wasn't near as organized as I would have liked, hopefully next year's will be better
fl.gif

I totally agree too...

In most states insurance companies don't have any kind of event insurance. My insurance said my homeowners would cover me. If you hook up with a local Tractor Supply and have a swap there they do carry event insurance. We host a swap at our local TSC 4 times a year.

I realize this thread is several years old. We started our Farm Swap around 15 years ago at our farm but because of insurance we reached out to our local TSC and they agreed to let us have it there. They did have flyers to hand out next to their registers. We advertised it several months in advance. We had a very good turnout. We initially had it once a month but eventually have it twice a month. Since we started our swap several others have popped up. Recently we were told we had to relocate so we are starting over from scratch. A local feed store invited us to use a section of their property to hold our semimonthly Farm Swap. We do not want it to become a flea market or yard sale. We want to Buy-Sell-Trade Poultry, Livestock, Everything or Anything Farm Related. We have no fees, just come and setup. We decided to do monthly raffles. This month we are raffling off a canopy. I realize the hot summer months here in Florida are not the ideal time to start over. I hope everyone who hosts a Chickenstock or Farm Swap the best of luck. Perseverance usually pays off. Good luck to everyone and have fun...

Here is the new flyer we made for our new location.
DunnellonSparrjpg.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom