chicks dying. all coming from same plaace

hennyandpenny

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
okay so i got in some chicks from ideal poultry. they where delayed because of the snow storm so we got them in a day late. since then i have lost 8 chicks, of those 1 silkie, 1 golden sex link and 1 breed that i am not sure of became very lethargic refuse to eat/ drink. they act like they are gasping. i have one right now that is doing the same thing. they curl backwards and they dont chirp or anything they just lay down and then within 30 min they are starting to gasp and curl. in the next hour they are dead. it comes on very fast. what should i do? they show no signs of illness and are running around chirping and annoying us to death with their chirping and then they get sick. whats happening?

elizabeth

I have 2 Silkies that I've bought from a local feed store awhile back. 1 of my Silkies is pretty lively and the other one beginning to fall. The one Silkie that is lively is very active pecking at the ground and eating bugs when on the grass but I honestly have no idea why it is not eating the chick feed

i have an order coming in from murray mcmurray hatchery. already in route. cant change it :(. im purchaseing a doz. silkie eggs locally though im awful at hatching thought that might be the easier route. decided on that after i lost 3 of my 6 silkie. but its not just silkies the newest one is blue laced red wyandotte.

So they are warm enough. Wish I had an answer for you. Are they eating their chick starter and are they able to get away from the heat when they want to? Hopefully somebody with more info. will come along. The curling backwards is of interest. Wry neck maybe? Really have no idea, not something I've ever dealt with.

Back
Top Bottom