China blue or blue China chicken?

I got 3 pullets yesterday. They are friendly little chicks, not a show chicken but they are supposed to be hardy good brown egg layers.

They sound like names given to hybrid chickens, never heard of them myself.

Last edited:
I bought 6 'Asian Blues' at Tractor Supply. They were only sold straight run, but they were on sale so I took a chance on the six. I ended up with 4 roosters and 2 pullets. They are now about 6 months old. The roosters are solid and huge, around 5 pounds. They are all different. One was solid black, one's lower half is black and the upper is orange/red. The third one is black with an orange/red head and neck, the last is black with orange/red streaks all over his body. All of the black parts have a blue and green sheen. They are beautiful birds. The pullets are both solid black with the blue/green sheen. All but the orange topped rooster were black chicks with some white spots on their heads. The orange topped one was brown and white. I thought he was mixed in the wrong tank, but they swore he was also an Asian Blue. I can't find much information on the breed, but I'm happy with the whole bunch. I didn't want/need the roosters, but like I said they are beautiful birds. I finally separated them from all of my herd of girls and they now have their own coop/pen.

Back
Top Bottom