Chirping

zoruagalaxy

Chirping
Apr 6, 2022
Southern TX
My chicks are 3 weeks old, and they are starting to chirp everytime i leave the room. They have access to food and water and walking room. Is it ok for me to let them chirp for a while instead of always going to them? they will soon be old enough to go outside and i dont want them to be too dependant.

Have you been spending a lot of time with them? Maybe they view you as their "momma" and get distressed when they see you leave them.

Do they have a comfortable setup? Is the heat lamp/heat plate too cold or too hot? Chicks also chirp when they are hungry, cold, or thirsty.

Have you been spending a lot of time with them? Maybe they view you as their "momma" and get distressed when they see you leave them.

Do they have a comfortable setup? Is the heat lamp/heat plate too cold or too hot? Chicks also chirp when they are hungry, cold, or thirsty.
i got them from a feed store since they were ony a day old. I use a brooder heat lamp. They have plenty of space to move around and food and water. So i guess they just dont like being alone and are a little attached. ^.^

i got them from a feed store since they were ony a day old. I use a brooder heat lamp. They have plenty of space to move around and food and water. So i guess they just dont like being alone and are a little attached. ^.^
Do you have a thermometer under the heat lamp? Are all the chicks crowding under it or on the other side of the box? Have they drank and water and/or ate any food?

Do you have a thermometer under the heat lamp? Are all the chicks crowding under it or on the other side of the box? Have they drank and water and/or ate any food?
Yes i have a thermometer, I just have two chick's and they rarely go under the lamp anymore because they have lots of feathers now and hardly any down. They eat and drink regularly.

Yes i have a thermometer, I just have two chick's and they rarely go under the lamp anymore because they have lots of feathers now and hardly any down. They eat and drink regularly.
Because you just have two together alone, they will be more attached to you. My five call for me if they hear me in another room. But I'm cultivateating that close relationship. If possible consider getting chicks 3 at a time if your going to be more hands off.

Back
Top Bottom