Choices choices!!! What meat grinder?

silkiechicken

Staff PhD
Premium Feather Member
16 Years
Jan 25, 2007
Everett WA/Corvallis OR
Everyone has a kitchen aid! I don't... and not really interested in one. If I ever get one, it'll have to be a nice one, not the plastic farmed out name stamp that 99% of them are now a days.

Who all has a meat grinder here though? Experiences and thoughts?

I'm looking at the LEM #5 and #8 grinders that are stainless steel with metal gears.

Already sure I'm not going to get a manual one, and none of the electric ones are going to be made in the USA anyway.

Last edited:
I bought an Oster meat grinder probably 20 years ago. It is small, made of plastic and has held up all these years. I paid $60 for it. I tried to look it up, but it is no longer available. I found grinders from $89 to the sky is the limit in my search.
hmm.png
Mine has a sausage stuffer attachment with it. I didn't have a lot of money when I bought it, so I guess it was money well spent. Do the expensive ones last any longet then the cheap ones? dunno. I don't think I would pay the 400-500 bucks (and more) for one. But that's just me.

http://www.meatprocessingproducts.c...paign=TQE+-+Meat+Grinders+-+General+-+US+-+HP

here are some to look at.

That's the hardest part about picking.... Even kitchen aids 20 years ago were way nicer than the cheapie ones they make now with plastic gears that are known to break on what seems to be a regular basis. If you want a "good" KA, it seems you have to get the 600+ one vs the 199 macy's special. I was looking at the LEM's specifically because of the all metal gearing.

Just got one from Cabelas. $59, in the next couple years I'll let you guys know how it works.

Back
Top Bottom