Seducktive

In the Brooder
Sep 12, 2020
During quarantine I decided it would be nice to have a friend, so I have decided to incubate a duck egg and document my experience.

This is a new thing for me. I’ve never known a duck or really even seen one up close for that matter, but now I’ve got a white pekin and to be perfectly honest, I still don’t know if it’s pronounced like ‘pee-kin’ or ‘peck-in’ hahah

I am a circus performer (or I used to be before everything shut down) so I look forward to seeing if I will be able to eventually teach my new friend some tricks.

Maybe there’s some people who know about teaching ducks to do tricks and/or duck training in general, perhaps I can create a thread topic specifically about that a little later.

I’ve created an Instagram and YouTube under @Seducktive if you are interested in joining in on this adventure, My baby just finally hatched two days ago, I’ve been a bit overwhelmed ever since, but hopefully I’ll be posting the hatch video later on tonight :)

I decided to make an account here because these threads were the best resource for me during this past 28 days of incubation, I cannot thank you enough, so Id like to be able to be a part of the community and perhaps join in on the conversation.

Hey there,
Nice to meet you.
*waves awkwardly*

Welcome to BYC, love your user name. I don't know about training ducks. But have seen chickens peck at correct piano keys because a red light would go on beneath KEY. Chickens are attracted to RED. Probably easier for them since their beak is pointed.

Last edited:
:welcome

It sounds like you're in for some fun times! I hope you'll share some of your ducky tales with us
smiley duck.gif

Back
Top Bottom