cleaning the incubator DURING incubation?

goodmanfarm

Chirping
Mar 14, 2021
SE Maryland, USA
Tomorrow is day 18 for my eggs. while refilling the water for the last couple days we've noticed a smell of mold coming from the incubator. this is probably because of the constant water and sponges in it, but we were wondering if it means anything harmful. My dad wanted to spray the inside of the incubator with a bleach solution tomorrow when we take the eggs out, to get rid of the smell and clean out the incubator, but i said we should just leave it until after they hatch because I dont want to accidenlty cause any issues. Is it dangerous to spray a mixture inside the bator when the eggs are going to go right back in? Is the mold smell a real issue?

Do you see any visual mold? What kind of incubator do you have? If it’s easy to clean it I would go ahead and do that, but would probably just use water and soap until after the incubation.

Do you see any visual mold? What kind of incubator do you have? If it’s easy to clean it I would go ahead and do that, but would probably just use water and soap until after the incubation.
not sure what the incubator is called but its made out of styrofoam material. There is no visual mold. We decided against using the bleach for now. Thanks!

Tomorrow is day 18 for my eggs. while refilling the water for the last couple days we've noticed a smell of mold coming from the incubator. this is probably because of the constant water and sponges in it, but we were wondering if it means anything harmful. My dad wanted to spray the inside of the incubator with a bleach solution tomorrow when we take the eggs out, to get rid of the smell and clean out the incubator, but i said we should just leave it until after they hatch because I dont want to accidenlty cause any issues. Is it dangerous to spray a mixture inside the bator when the eggs are going to go right back in? Is the mold smell a real issue?
Are you sure it's a mold smell and not a rotting egg?

Back
Top Bottom