COCCI HELP NEEDED

Kaittrahan

Chirping
Apr 3, 2023
6-7 Week Old Chicks

The last 2 weeks one of my chicks had a respiratory or eye infection going on. I had flushed her eye and given her terramycin for a week and she seems pretty much back to normal, but yesterday I noticed one of my other chicks was acting sluggish/sickly. And I noticed their poop was abnormal, but I couldn't tell if it was shed intestinal lining or blood. I'm pretty sure it's shed intestinal lining but not blood but i got nervous and added corrid to their water yesterday instead of the electrolytes/proviotics i had put in their water the week before for my other chick who was sick.

Aside from them that first one having the eye issue (now clear) and the other one being kinda sluggish everyone else is perfect and they all were still eating and drinking fine and not in that puffy cocci stance.

Well I just got home from work and the one who has been sluggish since yesterday is in full on cocci stance. I've had one die before from cocci, so I'm really trying to be as proactive as humanly possible.

I have been putting 1/2 tsp of corrid in their Qusrt sized water and changing daily (only changed once obviously since i just started, but Im aware you have to change it daily)

Anyway I say all this to say. What else can I do to be as proactive as possible? Also can I give more corrid to the one who is sickly? Any advice welcome. Thank you!

Today's Pic of the sick chick and poop from this morning

Attachments

• Snapchat-309332311.jpg
    Snapchat-309332311.jpg
    417.8 KB · Views: 24
  • Snapchat-903692775.jpg
    Snapchat-903692775.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240503_070139.jpg
    20240503_070139.jpg
    536.8 KB · Views: 3
6-7 Week Old Chicks

The last 2 weeks one of my chicks had a respiratory or eye infection going on. I had flushed her eye and given her terramycin for a week and she seems pretty much back to normal, but yesterday I noticed one of my other chicks was acting sluggish/sickly. And I noticed their poop was abnormal, but I couldn't tell if it was shed intestinal lining or blood. I'm pretty sure it's shed intestinal lining but not blood but i got nervous and added corrid to their water yesterday instead of the electrolytes/proviotics i had put in their water the week before for my other chick who was sick.

Aside from them that first one having the eye issue (now clear) and the other one being kinda sluggish everyone else is perfect and they all were still eating and drinking fine and not in that puffy cocci stance.

Well I just got home from work and the one who has been sluggish since yesterday is in full on cocci stance. I've had one die before from cocci, so I'm really trying to be as proactive as humanly possible.

I have been putting 1/2 tsp of corrid in their Qusrt sized water and changing daily (only changed once obviously since i just started, but Im aware you have to change it daily)

Anyway I say all this to say. What else can I do to be as proactive as possible? Also can I give more corrid to the one who is sickly? Any advice welcome. Thank you!

Today's Pic of the sick chick and poop from this morning
Yes, they actually recommend redosing them. I wasn't sure about your dosage so here's a chart I had. Corid dosage chart.jpg

When all done with giving Corid, be sure to alternate days of vitamin water (we use Poultry Cell) and probiotics (we use Hydro-Hen) for a couple of weeks.

Since there is blood in the feces, I highly recommend giving your birds Endocox aka Toltrazuril. The Corid may not treat the two types of coccidiosis that cause blood in feces.
Here's where you can order the Endocox, follow the instructions on the package. In the meantime, continue with the Corid until you get the Endocox in the mail.
https://allbirdproducts.com/collections/bird-medications/products/endocox-powder

Back
Top Bottom