Cochin Thread!!!

So, I have a Cochin egg production question..... From what I've read, the opinions are all over the place! Some say they are good producers of eggs, others say they lay infrequently. The reason I ask, is that my hens are 9mos old and have laid everyday for the past 4 days. Can anyone give any insight into how productive their Cochin hens are?

One of my Buff Cochin Pullets recently at a show.
84508740_660962591312424_4322933322712875008_n.jpg

So, I have a Cochin egg production question..... From what I've read, the opinions are all over the place! Some say they are good producers of eggs, others say they lay infrequently. The reason I ask, is that my hens are 9mos old and have laid everyday for the past 4 days. Can anyone give any insight into how productive their Cochin hens are?
Mine lay consistently for a few weeks than they go broody. They than lay a couple of weeks, and than go broody, repeat, repeat. They stop in the fall, and generally don't lay again until next spring.

I sold some standard silver laced Cochins too a friend. They took almost a year to lay and they are only laying two eggs per week each.
My bantam Cochins average 5-6 per week. Two of the four are sitting on eggs right now.

Back
Top Bottom