Cochin Thread!!!

Thanks! Ill have to keep an eye cause i think it is strange that he/she is the same size. I might even call the guy and ask. It was silly on my part not to ask in the first place but i was to excited about my little frizzy baby to think rationally. :lol:
Definitely understandable lol! Yes, that is awfully strange. 🤔

:frow Hi Yall! Quick laying question. I have 3standard cochins and love them so. I cant help but giggle when they run away. They are so fluffy! ... My question is, I got them last spring and they all started laying well early fall. So far only 1 is laying roughly 3-4x a week. Are they heat picky and not lay until its warmer? (Zone 7a VA here)

:frow Hi Yall! Quick laying question. I have 3standard cochins and love them so. I cant help but giggle when they run away. They are so fluffy! ... My question is, I got them last spring and they all started laying well early fall. So far only 1 is laying roughly 3-4x a week. Are they heat picky and not lay until its warmer? (Zone 7a VA here)
:frow I'm also in VA! Watching them run away is the best lol... I don't have LF but I doubt their laying habits would be much different. All mine are laying except those which are broody. Maybe someone else will chime in with an idea.

I'm new to Cochins, however mine are 9 mos old and have been laying consistently 4-5 days per week. We've been having weather fluctuate from the 40's to 60's.

Looking for some feedback on my LF Black
Cochin hen... I’m thinking her body type looks good for 9mos, but I’ve never bred Cochins before... we are wanting to breed her and take her to the 4-H fair....any thoughts???
7F8D8E02-1C1C-4A3B-A048-2675E0F3806B.jpeg 63EE9203-2B60-4436-BE77-1C864A83CB7D.jpeg

Looking for some feedback on my LF Black
Cochin hen... I’m thinking her body type looks good for 9mos, but I’ve never bred Cochins before... we are wanting to breed her and take her to the 4-H fair....any thoughts???
View attachment 2062449View attachment 2062450
I am also no expert, but going by APA standard, her comb would be her only obvious flaw. Her wattles are a bit large but not horrible. How do her feet look?

She's a very nice looking girl. Absolutely adorable and should do fairly well at a 4H show I think. The fun is in the experience anyway. Give it a shot! At the very least you'll learn new things and meet new people. 😊

I am also no expert, but going by APA standard, her comb would be her only obvious flaw. Her wattles are a bit large but not horrible. How do her feet look?

She's a very nice looking girl. Absolutely adorable and should do fairly well at a 4H show I think. The fun is in the experience anyway. Give it a shot! At the very least you'll learn new things and meet new people. 😊
Thanks for your feedback! My son showed chickens last year at our county fair and loved it! It really is a great time for the entire family! The judge was so knowledgeable! We were all just following him around hanging on his every word! Every chicken he picked out of the cage he knew the APA standard and would critique each one. It really was impressive to watch!

Back
Top Bottom