Cochins...please show me yours.

cheepchicks

Songster
12 Years
May 6, 2007
Indiana
I am new to the chicken world and kept only my cochins from the original order of 26. I would love to see others so I can compare my. Because I of course think mine are gorgeous.

Kim

This is Juliette
Juliette.jpg

This is Jefferson
Jefferson.jpg

This is Jasper
Jasper2.jpg

This also is Jasper chasing my Chihuahua
Jasper.jpg

This is Jasmine
Jasmine.jpg

Thank-you all for posting pics. They are all such beautiful birds. Mine have the best personalities....They love to be cuddled with the exception of Juliette. She is shy. As big as they are they still get along quite well with any other birds I have added. They were 3 months old on the 10th of June. They are not laying eggs yet but the Roos are just starting to crow...mostly Jasper. Carole I would love to see other pictures of them....especially other colors.

Kim

I have 7 cochin hens and yes they get broody. One Black hen has hatched and raised 9 bantam polish chicks earlier this year and did a great job. Two splash hens have also been broody. One will not give up even through I keep taking her out and removing any eggs she rolls under her. They say that they are not great layers, but mine do a good job. I have 11 hens laying right now(4 Brahmas also) and I average 8-9 eggs a day.
smile.png

Georgia

MondayMay2120074.jpg

This is Blue.
TuesdayApril2420075.jpg

This is Buffy
TuesdayApril2420079.jpg

This is Blackie
TuesdayApril2420077.jpg

This is Sweetie and Whitey(now deceased as of Saturday)

I love my Cochins although as of this moment we are down to 17, and started with 25. They are the sweetest chicks ever. And I just love those jammie legs that they wear. Too precious!

Ok, you asked for it!

Squire (Speckle's son)

Bruford-standard black

Gold-laced standard hen & chicks

the breeding pen

Frizzy Lizzy & Ruby

Susie

Black frizzle roo

new buff pullet

Sally

Oh what pretty birds you all have.....I want more colors I want white and black and splash and partridge and speckled and creole and oh my is DB gonna shoot me !

LOL

CG I am sorry about your loss. I never know what to say to someone who loses a loved one though I have lost a few myself. The only conclusion I can come to is hugs are always the best consolation ((((CG4513)))).

Carole,

Thanks for the pictures see now I can compare mine to yours and everyones to see if mine look the way they should. You have some very beautiful chickies. I love those frizzles. I have some very young ones JustuSnak and I traded some birds. I also have 4 silkies but I am wondering do I keep them?? and are frizzles a breed unto themselves? Or are they a cross?

P.S. To All

roll.png
at myself....now I am wondering Jefferson is a Jefferson and not a Janice right?? I was sure he was a he until I saw all your pictures.

Back
Top Bottom