Collected rare marsh daisy chicks today

Pinkaboo

Songster
5 Years
May 12, 2014
Cornwall in the UK
I went for my chicks today, very experienced breeding with excellent show standard chickens, the black marsh Daisy's are extremely rare and stunning but I wanted the brown ones
Below is a pic of my chicks parents

And my beautiful chick I picked out with stunning colouring
I didn't like to wake the others!

I'm hoping for three hens and a cockerel but aren't we all!

So beautiful! I would love to watch them grow up. You're so lucky to have these. :)
I'd have them on my marshy property if they weren't so rare. :p

You'd not think they were hardy if you saw how petite they were
Apparently they eat minimal food and produce maximum eggs
But then will people buy smaller eggs?

They are a very calm breed a bit aloof really , even the cockerel I saw was quite shy and quite
Think these will be lovely hens

The black marsh daisy are really quirky because they have a red comb and white wattles( that's why they are called marsh Daisy's ) they look like a flower growing on the marshes
Its pretty wet where I am in the UK too

I know Greenfire Farms in the U.S. has them, but I guess its just a matter of time before a Canadian with deep pockets imports them. ;) How small are the eggs?

I was told supermarket medium size so not too bad,
I'm sure I read they couldn't be exported to the U.S, because they don't meet breed requirements

My Marsh Daisy just started laying. Even the pullet eggs were smaller than all of my other breeds. So I am hoping that they increase in size. I really like this breed but I know that with the eggs so small it is going to be a while before I can hatch more.

Back
Top Bottom