Collecting eggs with surgical gloves?!

As long as you don't wash the eggs the bloom will protect against bacteria permeating the shell. I think people get too hung up on bacteria when hens set eggs quite successfully in unsterilized nests.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I wash my hands in between collecting eggs from each pen - but I don't wear surgical gloves!

I don't want to bash this "ebay breeder". But, I would like to see real pictures of their stock that they say they have been raising for several years. Why is the picture they are using in the ebay listing from My Pet Chicken?

Did you see their feedback? 93.8% is NOT good feedback. Also, there are NO feedback left recently for eggs. I would not buy from them.
I have bought eggs on ebay several times, and have been very pleased. I read the feedback very carefully before I buy from anyone, though. The person I got my Silkie eggs from, had feedback left from people buying eggs from her 9, 10, and even more times!

As a former ebayer? Wouldn't touch those eggs with a 10 foot pole, surgical gloves or not.

Check fertility before shipping?
gig.gif

That seller has 4 listings for eggs, they all say pretty much the same thing. BUT they all have different pictures of the birds. None of them resemble each other, and I'm sure at least one of them is from a show.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom