Colorado

I have sebbies and they can lay over 20 eggs in a season or go broody after a couple. Keep on gathering. My incubators are overflowing and I have some starting to stockpile. First baby in the hatcher and due any day now. I am so excited.

rbloomer I'm so glad you posted!!! I've been looking for some of our pm's we did months back about Sebbies and couldn't find them. Aimee' wanted me to get your information, she wanted to look for Sebbies local and I told her there was a person up north that I had been in contact with and YAY you posted! I'll let her know you've been located
big_smile.png
. So I have been collecting all her eggs. She's layed a total of 8 in the last couple of weeks. Her laying schedule is lay in the mid-day, evening, day off, mid-day, evening, day off,etc....

Just moaning a bit but I had a home for my speckled sussex roo. He was all ready to go so I put him in a plastic kennel until I could get him to his new home. I suspect being confined was just too much for him. I went to change his water and his little waddle was torn and it looks like he poked his head through one of the openings, then pulled it back in.

So, now he looks like a floury mess. The lady who was going to take him will no longer. Which I understand. He's beautiful and his crow is incredible. He's very vocal which I'm sure some people hate but I loved. I always know when someone is in my yard or if one of the girls laid an egg.

I'd post pictures of his waddle now but can't attach files. I suspect he'll recover fine after a day or so. I'm just bummed. I didn't want him to end up as soup because he is beautiful with a great crow but I'm more attached to my other roos.

Lucky you
big_smile.png
Sadly for me mine grew into a stunningly beautiful silver rooster.......and I cried.

Hey NoisyNora and TikkiJane,
Anne B. has calmed down a bit and I'm fairly certain she is a hen. How old was he before you started really being able to tell he was a he? Did you take pics of your roo? I would love to see him. If that happened to us, I would try and keep him. It would be up to the neighbors. We are not supposed to have roos here but we went walking the other day and saw a backyard coop with five roos within a 3 mile walk from our house. It would be very hard to give away one of our babies. Did you find a good home for him?

A friend of mine is looking for chickens. Her friend has a flock, but apparently "The hens need canes and the roo is ready for bifocals". I think she is looking for young, but not brooder ages birds. Don't think they are picky about breed, but need layers of some sort. They are in Loveland. Let me know what ya got :D

Hello fellow Colorado Eggers. I am new to this site but not new to chickens. Well... I'm new to this whole urban chicken thing. We raised chickens back home in Illinois all my life. Now we're just doing it on a smaller scale. Does anyone have any young olive eggers that they would like to sell? I would like to add a little color to my carton. Thanks.

It took me far longer than it probably should have. I think he was about 8 weeks......? I don't remember though. The final nail in the coffin was the red patches that started coming in on his wings and his tail feathers drooped.......*SIGH* We aren't allowed to have roosters, nor do I want to have one. We traded him for a pullet.

Hey NoisyNora and TikkiJane,
Anne B. has calmed down a bit and I'm fairly certain she is a hen. How old was he before you started really being able to tell he was a he? Did you take pics of your roo? I would love to see him. If that happened to us, I would try and keep him. It would be up to the neighbors. We are not supposed to have roos here but we went walking the other day and saw a backyard coop with five roos within a 3 mile walk from our house. It would be very hard to give away one of our babies. Did you find a good home for him?

Back
Top Bottom