Concord NC Help Needed

ConcordChix

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 5, 2013
Is there anyone out there that wants to start a Club in Concord, NC. We would like to have our own eggs. But the City does not allow chickens.

I would like to start a club that researches what has been done in our neighboring counties and cities where raising chickens is allowed (ie. Charlotte, Raleigh, etc). Let's talk about flock size, minimum lot size, max. number of HENS (no roosters), coop design, setbacks, etc. I would like to present a educated, founded in facts, plan to the City so they can't refuse. It was defeated the last time 4-3, the last group was close. Lets get it passed.

Have you made any progress on this? My friends, who live in Dallas, TX, are allowed to raise hens.

I would like to help. I live in Concord and in a small neighborhood that has a HOA that won't allow 'livestock' of any kind. I would be working on two fronts, the city and my neighbor HOA. Thanks!
Molly

Has any progress been made with changing the ordinance that does not allow hens with in the city limits?

I lived in concord 3 years ago & I think my old neighbors were part of one. Do you knw Aaron newton or his wife jennifer? I'm sure you could find them on Facebook, they are both active on there. Good luck!

I want the restrictions on raising hens for eggs lifted. My neighbors have chickens, dogs, and other animals. From my yard I can hear three different roosters. There are numerous race cars being worked on daily in my neighborhood. I don't mind these things so they should accept my hens. Let me know if I can help. Charlotte allows 5 hens per 1/4 acre. and no building restrictions.

Does anyone know if this proposal has been presented to the city as of late? I'm hearing of many larger cities allowing hens on different social media site pages (specific to chickens).

Any progress on a proposal? I recently had to rehome all my hens because the neighbors reported us. I would love to help to get this restriction passed since it’s ridiculous how come all of the neighboring cities approved except concord.

Back
Top Bottom