Consolidated Kansas

I did order some DE on line it does cost a bit but does it last I use it in the coop to dry poop and in the dust bath areas seems to work great on mites/lice.

I did a quick Google and found some here. It's through Amazon. It doesn't seem too bad on price for a 50-pound bag, but I bet the shipping cost would smack you hard in the pockets.
hmm.png

Quote:
I think Mike ( ByNatureFarms) found it at Tarwater for around $30, I think don't quote me on that that was way back in December when we was talking bout this very same subject. heck with our lovely gas prices it would whined up costing me $50. I was using the ash from my wood stove and bbq grill thinking that the crystals in the ash would be sharp enough too slice through those little Basteedo's, but guessing not .....LOL !

Do a search of this forum for DE. There was a discussion at one time about where to buy it in Kansas and the prices.

I proved to myself that it does not work on fleas, at least. But a lot of people use it and like it. I think different uses would have different results.

Thanks for the welcome, below is the list of chicks we got.

We ordered ours from McMurray Hatchery and here is what we got.

2 ARAUCANA Females
4 BLUE ANDALUSIANS Females
4 SPECKLED SUSSEX Females
4 BUFF ROCK Females
11 NEW HAMPSHIRES Males
4 NEW HAMPSHIRES Females
11 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Males
4 SILVER LACED WYANDOTTE Females
1 Free Rare Exotic Chick

At a local auction we got these as well.

9 WHITE ROCK Strait run
2 WHITE SILKIES 1 Male, 1 Female 6 months old

wow I just came in from checking on my pheasants for eggs ,and found out that my son DID NOT LOCK THE DANG DOOR to my Pheasants so Once again I am one Silver Pheasant short
somad.gif
Anyone want a 14yr old free to a good home. Looks like he is done feeding and watering My birds
rant.gif

Quote:
Ahhhhh!
ep.gif

Sorry about the loss Ozawakie.
sad.png
I also have teens in my brood. They are 17 and 16. I use to have to remind my twins constantly if they did the job I assigned them. I think their minds must still be developing, because they often get sidetracked with FB, texting or MTV.
tongue.gif

Now that they are older, they seem a bit more responsible.
fl.gif
Maybe your son will outgrow this condition.
idunno.gif

Quote:
Ahhhhh!
ep.gif

Sorry about the loss Ozawakie.
sad.png
I also have teens in my brood. They are 17 and 16. I use to have to remind my twins constantly if they did the job I assigned them. I think their minds must still be developing, because they often get sidetracked with FB, texting or MTV.
tongue.gif

Now that they are older, they seem a bit more responsible.
fl.gif
Maybe your son will outgrow this condition.
idunno.gif

Well It's all about Xbox here. HEY BILL GATES
smack.gif
thanks for technology
rant.gif

The cheapest place I've found DE was a seller on Ebay. I believe it came in a 50 lb bag, and if I remember right they were located in Nebraska. They shipped right away. I think I got mine the next day, and it was MUCH cheaper than any place local that had food grade DE.

I like to use Ivomec pour on for my chickens, too. There is supposedly no withdrawal time when used on animals that have milk or eggs. It is kind of expensive to buy if you only have a few chickens, but it works great. We use it on some of our four legged livestock, so I just take a few cc's of it from my hubby and that is all it takes for my birds.

The dosage for chickens is 1/4cc. You put it on their back, right at the base of the neck. It kills the external parasites and I have read that it also helps control the intestinal worms as well.

I just bought a second GQF incubator for $150.
hide.gif
So the one I bought the other day for $150 will be my incubator, and this one will be my hatcher. This one needs a new thermostat. That's no big deal. We've replaced those before when I had my GQF a few years back.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to the new Salina mom and daughter. My daughter LOVED her chickens. Long story behind that. Maybe we can meet up sometime. I get back to Salina once in a while. I will be back there the 14th of May for a graduation. Usually I end up making a whirlwind trip since we have to be back to take care of animals.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh my Susan. I think you're in deep.
lau.gif
Where are you finding these great deals?
idunno.gif
Good luck on your new bator(s).
thumbsup.gif
I've been working on mine today. Have to stop now, cause I must go to work.
tongue.gif
I'm still waiting on that dang egg turner. eBay takes so long sometime!
somad.gif

You wouldn't happen to know that eBay seller offering the DE? I might be interested in getting a bag later on.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom