Consolidated Kansas

I want to warn you that black tarps will collect heat at an unfathomable rate in the summer, and your birds will be as hot or hotter in the shade under it- trust me, I found out the hard way!

Also, many of the reflective tarps give off fumes when they get too hot, so the silver coated ones aren't the best, either. I have had excellent luck using the white vinyl banners with grommets that sign companies make- and if you contact one you may be able to pick up old banners like I did- they're spectacular and designed for UV exposure, rugged, etc.

Thanks for the advice on the tarps. The vinyl banner idea is interesting. I have friends who work at Clear Channel Outdoor & Signs Now. May have to check & see if they have anything they'd like to get rid of. Free is better than cheap any day.

I'm not very close to McPherson but I've got a few I could let go. What are you looking for? Male, female, baby?
Darin are you talking whistling ducks? Where'd you find them? My daughter who lives in Austin had some hanging out in her trees this past summer. That was the first time I'd heard of them.

I'll check she might like a baby or younger one?

justhatchin, is that a SHOWGIRL?!? Love them! And Danz, I could help get them to Mac if you and I could meet up (provided she wants them
smile.png
)

yes I have 2 . will let you know and thanks

don't have a lot of time tonight.. but

IVY-- wanted to tell you I'll be praying for your DH and you. LOVE that picture of your DH and the dogs-- so touching, he obviously loves animals. :) Seriously-- lots of prayers your way!!

Darin... never heard of these ducks? Do you have any pictures? That is so cool that she laid an egg in transit! How do you all luck out like that? ha!

Danz, loved the pictures of the pvc run! That thing is COOL!!! I'll have to look into that this summer.... maybe. We'll see where we are on the house stuff and if my DH can handle me building things he's going to have to move. Sigh. (may have to wait another year) --oh BTW, we watched this show last night called Hauling?? Anyway, these independent shippers haul all kinds of crazy things and bid on shipping items "at auction". So the premise is that the job starts out around $4000, and then as they start bidding it down and competing with other people-- the shipping can really drop on it and the customer usually ends up with a pretty good deal. (I'm thinking a chicken coop going down the highway might be pretty darned funny)

don't have a lot of time tonight.. but

IVY-- wanted to tell you I'll be praying for your DH and you. LOVE that picture of your DH and the dogs-- so touching, he obviously loves animals. :) Seriously-- lots of prayers your way!!

Darin... never heard of these ducks? Do you have any pictures? That is so cool that she laid an egg in transit! How do you all luck out like that? ha!

Danz, loved the pictures of the pvc run! That thing is COOL!!! I'll have to look into that this summer.... maybe. We'll see where we are on the house stuff and if my DH can handle me building things he's going to have to move. Sigh. (may have to wait another year) --oh BTW, we watched this show last night called Hauling?? Anyway, these independent shippers haul all kinds of crazy things and bid on shipping items "at auction". So the premise is that the job starts out around $4000, and then as they start bidding it down and competing with other people-- the shipping can really drop on it and the customer usually ends up with a pretty good deal. (I'm thinking a chicken coop going down the highway might be pretty darned funny)

Love that show! We watch it every week. Some of those guys are kinda dumb! They end up making no money on the haul just to beat out the other guys. It's crazy.

Ivy- I will pray that they find out what is going on with your husband and that it is something minor. Please keep us updated tomorrow.

Ivy- I sure hope they find something out tomorrow at the Dr. I keep hoping to get on and find some good news from you.
I think I talked my daughter into silkies, I'd heard somewhere else that lakenvelders weren't a good starter. I'm going to sell some quail to a guy near Herrington who's on the Facebook KSBST and he posted some silkie chicks today for $2 ea. and said he plans on hatching more all spring. I think I'm just going to get a few of those and take them off the price of the quail he gets from me. I had wanted some silkies anyway so if the kids decide they don't like them I can just keep them for myself.
wink.png

Darin-which species of tree ducks did you get? I really like the white face.

Last edited:
chicken danz do you have any young ones(ducks) that would be good as a pet? I set u a PM.

Thanks to all for your help in finding a duck..
highfive.gif

ivy- hope your hubby finds out what is wrong. It helped for a bit- something is not working now. Praying they find the problem soon.

shotah- I bred a white showgirl roo to a splash silkie and was getting blues and blue/partridges thru the summer/fall then sold the roo and kept a roo(blue/partridge) and hen (pictured). I hope to breed the roo to my white silkies (partridge breeding) and some of the partridge silkies.. and the hen to a blue silkie roo I need to get from w-ks friend Bev. At least we are hoping it's a roo..
fl.gif

That is the summer/fall plan as It might be that long to maturity..(maybe june?) nov hatch on the show girls.

Edited cuz I had more to say but needed to say it later and no one else has been on!!
duc.gif

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow!!

Last edited:
Hi I'm Shotah's Mom. She says all this chicken goings on in all my fault. We're learning. So I'm listening mostly.

Nice picture, Ivy! Soon you'll have one new white fluffy creature in your pictures!
Welcome minnemum! Glad to have you!.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom