Consolidated Kansas

Chicken Danz, nice looking pups.
Ivywoods,IT's all your fault!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL I think it is a conspiracy !!!!

Welcome to all the new members.Hope everyone is feeling better and enjoying this beautiful weather.Time to get some pens/coops built and get some more chickens.Gotta love that chicken math!

Looks like my flock will be growing by leaps and bounds in the next couple weeks I've got several possible buys pending for this weekend and quail eggs headed my way that should be here by friday. Now to fix up my new hutch and throw together a temperary banty run in the next 3 days, make that 2. My 5 year anniversary is tomorrow and I'm not allowed to do more than chores. Now if I can cordinate all my buys and get pens up in time I should have a 8 bantys, a couple rabbits, and 72 cooking quail eggs by sunday.

Looks like my flock will be growing by leaps and bounds in the next couple weeks I've got several possible buys pending for this weekend and quail eggs headed my way that should be here by friday. Now to fix up my new hutch and throw together a temperary banty run in the next 3 days, make that 2. My 5 year anniversary is tomorrow and I'm not allowed to do more than chores. Now if I can cordinate all my buys and get pens up in time I should have a 8 bantys, a couple rabbits, and 72 cooking quail eggs by sunday.

thumbsup.gif

My shed was delivered today but dh said we can't put it up until we move.
sad.png
So I guess I will wait to get chicks unless I can figure out how to put a heat lamp in our existing coop. The coop was not well thought out when it was made and I can't reach the ceiling to hang anything. I will have to think about it and see what I can come up with. The meat birds will definitely have to wait because I don't have anywhere to separate them from the layers.

Awww...so sorry about your little girl. My DS has had a horrible cough for a few weeks now. Its finally getting better but for awhile there he was barking to where it almost sounded like whooping cough. That sucks about having to wait until you move to get chicks - especially hard during chick days when everyone else is talking about it.

The manager was standing there & he asked me if they could package up all of the chicks & send them home with me, I said yeah right.

So the manager knows you pretty well then
wink.png

My 5 year anniversary is tomorrow and I'm not allowed to do more than chores.

Definitely! If you want to have more of them, forget the animals (except for chores) and focus on DW today.

Hawkeye - what did you decide to do about Seymore? Is she happily sitting on some eggs as we speak?

I still pluck out an egg from under her each day. I decided not to rile my DH up even more on getting more eggs! LOL He's really starting to feel the sting of worry and loss with his job. We find out March 15th if he gets laid off. SO meanwhile-- Seymore is eggless! haha! But she'll be fine. :)

What a day! I had to take my little girl to the Dr. today. She has had the same cold that I have had but yesterday she started to run a fever and her cough got horrible really fast. The doc said her lungs sounded terrible and he thought she had a bacterial infection in them. He called it micoplasmasomething. I can't remember the name. Because of my kids asthma they seem to catch every respiratory thing that comes around. My shed was delivered today but dh said we can't put it up until we move.
sad.png
So I guess I will wait to get chicks unless I can figure out how to put a heat lamp in our existing coop. The coop was not well thought out when it was made and I can't reach the ceiling to hang anything. I will have to think about it and see what I can come up with. The meat birds will definitely have to wait because I don't have anywhere to separate them from the layers.

I hope your daughter feels better soon! Doesn't sound good at all. My oldest was throwing up last night. This has been a bad year for being sick.
sad.png
I may have gotten you confused with someone else-- but I thought you all were in contract on a house? Or that must be someone else! I wouldn't want to put up a shed that will have to be taken down in 2 more weeks, either!
wink.png

Hawkeye, I can't wait to see your little hutch coop all done, you will have to take pics so we can all see it.

I went to Orschelyn's in Ark City awhile ago & they had those darned brooders set up right in the front of the store where you have to walk past them to get to where you need to go. Geez, I had to go look & then tear myself away from there. I was so, so tempted to bring home chicks, but I don't have my spot set up yet for my brooder. Those chicks are so darned cute though, they just peep at you take me home, take me home. The manager was standing there & he asked me if they could package up all of the chicks & send them home with me, I said yeah right.
I will be sure to post pics when I get more done on it! I hope today is going to be nice!! I have to take the dog to the groomer here in a bit and hopefully it will have warmed up a bit by then. Sounds like chick days are upon us. I don't want to buy any-- I just want to hatch my own! Sigh. But I can see how tempting it would be!

good luck on your hatch!! Are you checking CraigsList for dog panels? That would be so easy in the long run-- easy to move and take down and move with you. Plus can't do better than chain link! Mine did take off in the wind, but I bought the cork-screw ground ties yesterday and tied them down with. I got them CHEAP at the Yard Store here in Wichita. I bought them for $2.98 a piece (bought 4 of them). They are regularly about $9 a piece at Lowes, etc..

Back
Top Bottom