Conversation (PM) Limits

TheKindaFarmGal

Free Ranging
6 Years
May 4, 2016
Somewhere in the Universe
So, right now you can add five people to a group conversation. On old BYC it was ten. On BYH it is twenty (which is awesome IMO!).

It's not a huge deal, but group PMs me and friends used to have aren't possible anymore without leaving people out. Would it be possible to up the limit and put more people in conversations?

TIA! :)

Hi :frow

Having more than 5 members in a group conversation is a perk of the premium membership along with other benefits. Premium membership is a great way to support BYC by purchasing one or you could win one in the contests and giveaways section of the forum ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/sponsored-content-contests-and-giveaways.15879/

"Here are a few of the initial upgrades you’ll get as a Premium Feather Member:

1. Ability to have several (20) people in a group conversation
2. Ability to delete posts and lock and unlock your own threads
3. A new badge: Premium Feather Member
4. The ability to choose your own custom title
5. Automatic No Ads
6. First peek at new features and specials before we roll them out to the rest of the members.
7. Access to a private forum to discuss new features and specials.
8. Ability to change your own username
9. Signature permissions
There's more and will be added as they are rolled out!"

So, right now you can add five people to a group conversation. On old BYC it was ten. On BYH it is twenty (which is awesome IMO!).

It's not a huge deal, but group PMs me and friends used to have aren't possible anymore without leaving people out. Would it be possible to up the limit and put more people in conversations?

TIA! :)
Are any of your friends premium members? If so, just have them start the conversation.

Thanks for explaining. :)

On old BYC it wasn't like that. Why did it change? Honestly, I'm getting really tired of stuff like this...
You are most welcome :highfive:

As with many things that have changed since the conversion to our new home the membership's also needed to change. Sorry to hear you are tired of "stuff" like this and I do understand that change can be hard. But being a premium member really does help support and keep our community running.

You are most welcome :highfive:

As with many things that have changed since the conversion to our new home the membership's also needed to change. Sorry to hear you are tired of "stuff" like this and I do understand that change can be hard. But being a premium member really does help support and keep our community running.

I understand, and really appreciate all you guys do! :D

So now instead of GFM and the paid memberships there used to be, we have the more expensive Premium. I know members who would've renewed their membership, but now that it costs more aren't able to. It's not good for BYC.
hmm-png.553877

Back
Top Bottom