Coonhunters! What's your favorite breed?

I don't Coonhunt myself but I have several friends who love to go coonhunting. But I bet I'd enjoy it.
smile.png
I LOVE all coonhounds but the redbone coonhound are my favorite. They are so pretty.

I can do the tree bawl pretty well. Last week on Friday night I started bawling like that and got all the coonhounds and the beagle hound that lives around here a' bawling.
lol.png
It was alot of fun.

When my friends finish training their coonhound I invited them to come over to go coonhunting on my parents land. My parents don't mind considering the coons get into our corn every year and I lost over 20 chickens to them in '08.

Last edited:
i have a blue tic mut personally i like blue tics but i think it is fun to watch a coon hunting mut hunt because they have many versitle traits but not as good of a nose

Lol yeah, it's pretty fun to mess with those hounds.

Cool, I know someone who has blueticks, says they'll run anything and everything. I've personally never hunted with a tick before, but I've hunted with most everything else. Even hunted a buddy's German Shorthair/Walker mix one time, boy was that an experience... Never again lol!

We hunt with a variety of hounds. Walkers, Redbones, Blue Ticks and English Red Ticks. Oh we even have a husky/walker mix and she is one of my best hunters. By far the English Reds can hit everytime and we RARELY have one slick tree but colorwise I love a Black and Tan. Which I don't happen to have yet....

Back
Top Bottom