Copperhead bite, can anything be done ?

Pics
I have her in a warm bath in the tub now. She is not going downhill as fast as the one a few weeks ago but their bodies are so small. It depends on how much the snake injected.

Vet hospital is 20 miles away, a hundred dollars to walk through the door and doubtful anyone knows about waterfowl

Do you have a pic of the snake? I can positively identify it for you.
Unfortunately if it is venomous there isn't a home remedy you can do except time. A lot of people will tell you to give benadryl for a snake bite, but this doesn't actually work. Supportive care, or a vet are pretty much your options. A vet who is properly trained in snakebites would administer antivenom - whether or not this can be given to birds, I do not know and would likely be cost prohibitive in any case.
Also symptoms? A venomous snake bite will have bruising and swelling at the site.

Do you have a pic of the snake? I can positively identify it for you.
Unfortunately if it is venomous there isn't a home remedy you can do except time. A lot of people will tell you to give benadryl for a snake bite, but this doesn't actually work. Supportive care, or a vet are pretty much your options. A vet who is properly trained in snakebites would administer antivenom - whether or not this can be given to birds, I do not know and would likely be cost prohibitive in any case.
Careful, a vet or two will say hey about the benadryl statement.

Back
Top Bottom