Corurnix and Bobwhite Quail Basics

My coturnix started crowing here and there at about 5 weeks. They are 8 weeks old now and haven't stopped. They were going at it ALLLLLLL night. I'm in the country so no one can really complain. And my neighbors can't hear so that helps. ALLLLLL night.
Yea I live in the country to and my quail call all night so there there's really no one that can complain

If your roosters are crowing too much you have too many roosters. I keep 40-60 breeders all te time and you might hear one or two crow a day. Roosters only crow when they want something or there are too many in the same cage. You can separate them from the hens and move them where they can no longer see them to cut down on crowing.

My coturnix started crowing here and there at about 5 weeks. They are 8 weeks old now and haven't stopped. They were going at it ALLLLLLL night. I'm in the country so no one can really complain. And my neighbors can't hear so that helps. ALLLLLL night.
Thank everyone!

My one courtunix quail hen got eaten by our rabbits don't know why a rabbit ate a quail can anyone shed light on this :(

I could only guess. Rabbits are at the bottom of their respected food chain. If there is something in their area that they feel will attract predators they will eat it.

My one courtunix quail hen got eaten by our rabbits don't know why a rabbit ate a quail can anyone shed light on this
sad.png
Are you sure it was the rabbits? It might have been something else that got it. Rats can fit into very tiny openings and are omnivores.

Back
Top Bottom