Cost to replace my flock

@chickenlady803 If you happen to be in the Northeast, USA, near Massachusetts, I would be willing to donate some chicks or hatching eggs to you, if/when you wanted to replenish your flock.
That’s very kind of you but I hatched 6 of their eggs after the attack. I would eventually like to get some more turkens but they are hard to find in my part of SC.

I'm so sorry for your loss, I can only imagine it was so heartbreaking.
Sending hugs. :hugs
May I ask, have you predator proofed your setup since then? If you knew these dogs were a treat, I would have predator proofed by run immediately. Sometimes we learn the hard way, learning now is all we can do.

As for pricing, were did you get them? Hatchery? Feed store? Local breeder? If it was a breeder, I might contact them and ask them how much they think those hens are worth. They would have a good estimate. If it was a hatchery, I would first add up the cost of the chicks, you can find that on the hatchery website. Then figure out how much feed your chickens eat in a year, approximately, and the price of that. Divide that by how many birds you have. Then, for each bird, add the feed cost onto the chick price per how many years old they were. That could probably give you a good estimate.

On average, I think that 20-30 a piece is pretty basic.
I agree with this but if you want to get really technical you can factor in feed cost and labor. If you want I could help you with that.

Back
Top Bottom