Coturnix quail colors

Winter08

Chirping
Oct 12, 2020
Queens, NY
I was curious on what colors I have. I can identify some, but others aren’t as clear.

Attachments

• 2BA54330-3A47-4C8C-A590-349BA533C454.jpeg
    2BA54330-3A47-4C8C-A590-349BA533C454.jpeg
    527.3 KB · Views: 57
  • AE5445D7-0704-4D7C-8E80-184DE23801D5.jpeg
    AE5445D7-0704-4D7C-8E80-184DE23801D5.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 29
The first picture look like all rosettas or tibetans. The tibetans have darker legs/feet and are a bit darker than rosettas.

The second picture has two whites, two falb fee, and a tibetan tux.

I'm not sure either of those two in the second photo are falb fee, the left looks pharaoh and the right is fee but might have something else mixed in. I'm seeing some odd feathers.

The first pic is rosettas. Second pic left to right: 2 whites, either English white or Texas a&m, the gray one is wild pattern probably silver (SSC), but it's impossible to tell the particular type of gray without knowing the genetics, next to that is falb fee. Above those 2 is a Rosetta or Tibetan with pied ( messy tux), and I can’t see the others well in the shadows.

Can we please differentiate between English White and Texans? I've heard different things from breeders, hoping you guys can sort it out...

Can we please differentiate between English White and Texans? I've heard different things from breeders, hoping you guys can sort it out...
I believe Texas a&m is derived from English white, but they are generally larger and most a&ms have some colored spots on their heads and backs, I think a greater proportion of English white are all white. I believe you are more likely to find English white in Europe, but they also have a&ms.

I was curious on what colors I have. I can identify some, but others aren’t as clear.
I am not an expert, but I hang out in a color genetics group on fb. Based on what I believe I have learned from them, I see possible sparkly in the brown in the front of photo 1 and in photo 2 I see a grau fee on the right corner (wavy lines in pattern) and the white outline in both the fees (black/gray/white) birds suggest sparkley based on similar discussions there. For the darker birds in pic 1 tibetians are very dark with a dark line/quill, where rosettas have more red and white lines. I have one I call rosetta, but she is actually a combo of both white and dark quills in her feathers so almost a hybrid of the two colors.

Back
Top Bottom