Coughing/Sneezing Hen

ANelson726

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 6, 2013
Mount Hood, Pacific Northwest
My Coop
My Coop
My 11 month Black Australorp has been making this weird coughing/sneezing noise for the last few months. Some days are better than others. When it first started happening I quarantined her and gave her antibiotics for a week. No changes. I tried Vet Rx Poultry Remedy, still no changes. I keep their coop clean and dry and they get free range time whenever the weather permits. I've tried oatmeal treats with ACV. I've tried every herb I can think of in the coop. None of the other hens have shown the same problems. My BA is otherwise perfectly healthy. Laying regularly, eating, drinking, breathing just fine. Any ideas?

As long as there are no other problems I would think dust of some sort is bothering her. I had one girl that took forever to figure it out, I even changed the bedding type in the coop several times just to find out it was from the feed. She would use her head to move the feed back and forth in the feeder and got the dust up her nose. I have since put a grill on my feeder so they can't scratch back and forth with their heads and she hasn't sounded like that since. Worth a try to look.

Back
Top Bottom