Could anyone tell me what gender or breed this chick is?

Apr 22, 2023
This chick is a little over 3 weeks old and Is smaller as well as skinnier than her sister. She also has more white spots on her feathers. I know she is a barred rock bantam but I think she might be an Old English Barred Bantam. Though she is smaller than her sister, her comb and waddle are slightly larger than her sister’s comb and waddle. She could actually be a he.
9EC41C55-A539-4400-9E21-D856EC053D0A.jpeg

Last edited:
It is either a Barred Old English Game Bantam or a Barred (Plymouth) Rock Bantam. What color are the legs? Old English Game Bantams have pink and Plymouth Rock Bantams have yellow :)
Her legs don’t contain any yellow, definitely a more pinkish color with a little black. Is there hope she is a pullet?

Her legs don’t contain any yellow, definitely a more pinkish color with a little black. Is there hope she is a pullet?
It's likely an OEGB then. I would be surprised if a chick had a comb at three weeks and turned out to be a pullet.😳 I would update as it matures but would assume cockerel

It's likely an OEGB then. I would be surprised if a chick had a comb at three weeks and turned out to be a pullet.😳 I would update as it matures but would assume cockerel
Yikes! Hopefully he or she turns out to be a pullet. I already have one little roo😅 Here’s her sister, she’s the same age. I’m thinking a Plymouth Bantam pullet. Fingers crossed🤞
A0FA20AB-2CCD-4233-B450-7375797981EC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom