Cream Legbar Crosses..

If they were Black Copper Marans the hens would be black and the cockerels would be single barred.
If it were a black copper hen the pullets wold not be barred, but rather solid black with copper.

If it's a legbar rooster over BCM hens the female offspring will be barred.
The difference in breeding to a BCM and a cuckoo is that with the cuckoo the male offspring will be double factor barred.
With the OP having a cuckoo hen there may be larger head spots on the males because of the DF barring.
It would also be obvious if you hatch any pure CCL because they would be chipmunk striped.

If it's a legbar rooster over BCM hens the female offspring will be barred.
The difference in breeding to a BCM and a cuckoo is that with the cuckoo the male offspring will be double factor barred.
With the OP having a cuckoo hen there may be larger head spots on the males because of the DF barring.
It would also be obvious if you hatch any pure CCL because they would be chipmunk striped.

Yes...That is correct. Brain laps. I got the pairing backwards.

1) Cream Legbar Male x Cream Legbar Hens = 100% Pure Cream Legbars. Eggs will be light blue.

View attachment 1866060 View attachment 1866061
View attachment 1866063
2) Cream Legbar Male x Black Copper Marans Hens = Black Barred offspring with crests, lightly feathers shanks, red mossiness on the hens feathers and red sholders on the males. Eggs will be green.

View attachment 1866062

3) What is a BlueBelle. Are in the UK? There is a hybird there called a BlueBelle that is a cross beetween a Rhode Island Red and a Marans. I am guessing that half of them would come out looking like the Marans corss and half of them would look look like a Rhode Island Red X Legbar which would come out looking like a Legbar but with much more red coloring.
I got this little sweets from a kahoots as an olive Egger. Me thinks it’s a CLB and Barred Rock perhaps? This bird is 8 really weeks old and I’m hoping a pullet. What do you think?

Attachments

• 2F3FEE95-D72D-442D-A1C1-7F5B20C4607B.jpeg
    2F3FEE95-D72D-442D-A1C1-7F5B20C4607B.jpeg
    661.9 KB · Views: 49
The comb is pretty big at 8 weeks for a pullet, but it isn't red and there aren't and red wattles coming in so yes it could be a pullet. It is not a Plymouth Rock x Cream Legbar though. One of the two parents had slate-colored shanks and both the Legbar and Plymouth rock have yellow shanks. There also is too much black in the break for two yellow beaked breeds like the PR and CLB.

Curious if anyone knows what a Wheaten Marans hen to a Cream Leg Bar rooster would look like? Olive eggs I know but would the offspring all be barred but hidden?

Hey, picking this up a year later…so - a Silverudds Blue roo and a Creme Legbar hen - will their offspring be Easter Eggers? Love chicken genetics but finding it somewhat confusing… The breeds usually used to create EEs are not available here (Sweden), or are very hard to find (at least Araucanas). Or, should a Silverudds Blue be crossed with, for example, a Buff Orpington, to make EEs?

The comb is pretty big at 8 weeks for a pullet, but it isn't red and there aren't and red wattles coming in so yes it could be a pullet. It is not a Plymouth Rock x Cream Legbar though. One of the two parents had slate-colored shanks and both the Legbar and Plymouth rock have yellow shanks. There also is too much black in the break for two yellow beaked breeds like the PR and CLB.
I crossed a LS with a barred plymouth rock and their offspring have slate legs also...
Their was no slate legs in the parents line as both the parents are from show stock I bred and owned the last 5 generations.
The pullet offspring are a very unique colour too 😂 (and no it was NOT a planned pairing, she jumped the fence)

I crossed a LS with a barred plymouth rock and their offspring have slate legs also...
Their was no slate legs in the parents line as both the parents are from show stock I bred and owned the last 5 generations.
The pullet offspring are a very unique colour too 😂 (and no it was NOT a planned pairing, she jumped the fence)

Attachments

• 20240502_154911.jpg
    20240502_154911.jpg
    713.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 20240502_154857.jpg
    20240502_154857.jpg
    625.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom