Cream Legbar/Nake Neck Cross

GibsonFamilyFarm

Songster
6 Years
Apr 23, 2018
SFV
Hello everyone!
I was looking for anyone who has crossed a Cream Legbar with a Naked Neck. I have three naked neck hens in with my Cream Legbar roo and I'm about to pop their eggs in the incubator.
I was curious to see what others have hatched in the past.
Thank you!

This cross sounds so cool! If you got some frost white legbars and mixed them with white turkens you could have pure colored ones.
Ohh that would be so cool!
I actually have some frost white chicks! Waiting to see what they are. Unfortunately all my naked necks are black so can’t do that but maybe I’ll get some!

I have saved some eggs fertilized by a NN rooster, the mom was 1/2 Crevecoeur so some crest but not crazy. The eggs are brown. (crevecoeur's normally are white.) IDK which eggs are fertile at the moment, we will see. I will set tonight.

These are the 2 chicken types
cv.PNG
cvn.PNG

I was looking for anyone who has crossed a Cream Legbar with a Naked Neck. I have three naked neck hens in with my Cream Legbar roo and I'm about to pop their eggs in the incubator.
I was curious to see what others have hatched in the past.
all my naked necks are black so can’t do that but maybe I’ll get some!

I have not personally done this cross, and I don't have any photos.

But as a prediction of what you will get:
Black chicks, with white barring, crested heads, and naked necks.
When they grow up, they may have leakage of other colors in their feathers.
Females should grow up to lay green or blue eggs.

Depending on which genes each individual chicken has, you might get some other options:

--chicks that are not black (probably some pattern of black & brown or maybe black & white). They will probably still have white barring over whatever other colors they have. The white barring will be visible when they grow feathers, not in the fuzzy chick down. As chicks they will typically have a light spot in the down on top of their head.

--chicks that do not have a crest.

--chicks that do not have a naked neck.

--chicks that do not have white barring.

--daughters that lay brown eggs instead of green or blue.

I have not personally done this cross, and I don't have any photos.

But as a prediction of what you will get:
Black chicks, with white barring, crested heads, and naked necks.
When they grow up, they may have leakage of other colors in their feathers.
Females should grow up to lay green or blue eggs.

Depending on which genes each individual chicken has, you might get some other options:

--chicks that are not black (probably some pattern of black & brown or maybe black & white). They will probably still have white barring over whatever other colors they have. The white barring will be visible when they grow feathers, not in the fuzzy chick down. As chicks they will typically have a light spot in the down on top of their head.

--chicks that do not have a crest.

--chicks that do not have a naked neck.

--chicks that do not have white barring.

--daughters that lay brown eggs instead of green or blue.
Thank you for your predictions!
I’m excited to see what I get and I will post pics to keep everyone updated.

They have hatched! Exactly 50% hatched with naked necks, so 5.
3 are lighter and 2 are black with some light coloring. NN moms are black—one I have has some golden, but mainly black.

I will post more pics of the others later on but wanted to give you guys a visual update!
So excited and happy with this hatch!

Attachments

• IMG_8800.jpeg
    IMG_8800.jpeg
    336.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8801.jpeg
    IMG_8801.jpeg
    418.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8802.jpeg
    IMG_8802.jpeg
    455.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_8803.jpeg
    IMG_8803.jpeg
    485 KB · Views: 1
They have hatched! Exactly 50% hatched with naked necks, so 5.
3 are lighter and 2 are black with some light coloring. NN moms are black—one I have has some golden, but mainly black.

I will post more pics of the others later on but wanted to give you guys a visual update!
So excited and happy with this hatch!
The black ones with some light coloring are "black" chicks that will have white barring (as in, they should grow up to be black with white stripes across their feathers.) They might have some leakage of other colors in their feathers, or they might not.

The lighter ones mean that at least one of your black hens is carrying a gene that allows other colors to show, instead of making the chicks black all over. I do not know what color those ones will be when they grow up, maybe Cream Legbar color or maybe something quite different.

Back
Top Bottom