Cream Legbar Pictures

Pics

This is not Sunny, young rooster not yet filled out... How would you say he is developing. I really need honest feedback. I think he has too much chestnut, and I know most of you won't like his color... Although he is much lighter than sunny was at the same age...

First, I know he isn't changing genetically with age.. I assume you know i know that. ;). Yes, he has faded some, but also after his molt, he is notable less yellow in the hackles, and the saddle which used to be orange is now yellow, and although a mismatch from his hackles not nearly as much. He also did have more chestnut, but it has faded a lot too. I haven't tried him on any double cream hens, I have some other things to do before I get to color.... If I do. I think he is beautiful. I am not challenging YOU specifically, rather everyone.... I don't see how he falls out of the SOP regarding color. If I am missing something, I would be really happy to hear it. I know, I know.. lighting and pictures. Let's just assume this picture is his natural color. Let's run to the Rooster SOP for color and see where he is off. His legs are not very yellow, quite pale and boring. This is not a challenge of defensiveness. It is an honest question, specifically, if I should work on his color, how do I quantify that with the SOP??? I would love as many people to weigh in a possible.... As an honest disclaimer. As some of you know, I prefer a little more color than most people are going for so for, so now I am working on type and waiting to see how the color issues pan out. I know the really light birds with poor barring are having Autosexing issues. I just don't want to jump the gun on color until other things are worked out. He has a great type and throws nice chicks, but yes, towards the gold side. Occasionally a cream, but I would guess most of my hens are split or gold as well. In the mean time, I am working on tail, leg color, and I would like him to be a bit bigger. I haven't weighed him though. :)

Okay... Referencing the SOP... Please.. I double dog dare ya... Where is he off?
old.gif

Hi Kendy, I'll sit this one out, hope to see more offspring pics. Sunny is a really pretty Roo.
frow.gif

Hi Kendy, I'll sit this one out, hope to see more offspring pics. Sunny is a really pretty Roo.
frow.gif
No Problem.. I wasn't going to be offended, just wanted someone to walk me through it. :) Just wanted to discuss the never ending color discussion. Part of the reason I haven't gone for color changes, is I still don't know what is cream. : ) I appreciate your earlier feedback and didn't mean to put you on the spot.
goodpost.gif

Sunny is fading with age and just finished his first molt. What do you think?
Gorgeous picture of Sunny -- I love him. Interesting how light he has gotten. For me - if the earlobes and the hackles are the same color -- then either the hackles are white or the earlobes aren't white... (kind of like logic class in school -- "if a = b and b = c then a = c" ) He just shaves not being white...in the hackles.
wink.png

Get this phone app --- 'color detector' by mobialia. -- (Like I'm telling you what to do -- haHA)
lau.gif
gig.gif

I am really curious about what color the saturated eggs that you get are registering. I know that you could use it 5-times and get 5-differerent answers etc. -- but I would love to see what it shows. That is the EGGS.... rooster hackles that's a totally different story. LOL.....

My eggs are fading in color a bit on all my layers...but I got some the other day that registered 'heather blue' . Should have written down the hex code...but here is one
#F0F8FF Alice Blue....
any way you should send it to me in a PM. ;O) --- Remember, I want to be on your waiting list for hatching eggs. I love Sunny.
love.gif

Gorgeous picture of Sunny -- I love him. Interesting how light he has gotten. For me - if the earlobes and the hackles are the same color -- then either the hackles are white or the earlobes aren't white... (kind of like logic class in school -- "if a = b and b = c then a = c" ) He just shaves not being white...in the hackles.
wink.png

Get this phone app --- 'color detector' by mobialia. -- (Like I'm telling you what to do -- haHA)
lau.gif
gig.gif

I am really curious about what color the saturated eggs that you get are registering. I know that you could use it 5-times and get 5-differerent answers etc. -- but I would love to see what it shows. That is the EGGS.... rooster hackles that's a totally different story. LOL.....

My eggs are fading in color a bit on all my layers...but I got some the other day that registered 'heather blue' . Should have written down the hex code...but here is one
#F0F8FF Alice Blue....
any way you should send it to me in a PM. ;O) --- Remember, I want to be on your waiting list for hatching eggs. I love Sunny.
love.gif
Okay, I have down loaded the app, but haven't figured out how to use it. :) Will PM you soon, looks fun! My eggs are a bit dull right now and the hens have gone into early molt. :) Anytime you want eggs just let me know!

Back
Top Bottom