Cream Legbars

Please welcome the newest little Cream Legbar, Dumbledore's first born son (I think it's a boy - he'll need to dry off more to be sure):

(He's currently now climbing all over the incubator, wondering when his buddies will get around to hatching...)

- Ant Farm

Please welcome the newest little Cream Legbar, Dumbledore's first born son (I think it's a boy - he'll need to dry off more to be sure):

(He's currently now climbing all over the incubator, wondering when his buddies will get around to hatching...)

- Ant Farm
So, so cute and thanks for posting!

Congratulations! I would say 'boy' without a doubt.

My very very very first CL boys -- got their names based on the shapes of their white head spot -- one was Arrow and one was Heart.... Although Arrow went to another home -- Heart stayed with me, and two of his children are here now -- ready to have eggs hatched from them.

Last edited:
I can't remember if I shared here or not (it seems like I shared everywhere else), but a couple weeks ago, my CL rooster was attacked by several small terriers while protecting the rest of the flock (VERY hero). He flew out of his paddock and lured the dogs out of the yard and into the driveway. I was convinced he was dead from the number of feathers in the driveway, but he actually was alive, with only scrapes and relatively shallow bites, but missing LOTS and LOTS of feathers - plucked halfway to dinner.

BEFORE:

AFTER (day after attack):

He is inside and doing extremely well, healing nicely, and feathering back in. Living like a king with his hydrotherapy. He's gonna get so spoiled... (See photo of him being blown dry, which he LOVES):

Meanwhile, as soon as he was injured, I ordered an incubator and started collecting eggs. Seven days after setting them, 15 of 16 are developing (1 was infertile). So I thought I'd show some VERY YOUNG baby CL pics.
lol.png

- Ant Farm
How are things going?

I have 2 CL Roos, how do I decide which one to keep?

Very good advise from GaryDean and sol2go. I agree try to hold on to them for as long as possible, as they mature they will change so much.

Many people are not fans of critiquing or giving advice using photos posted on the internet as photos can lie a bit and not being able to handle them and see them in person can be a challenge. But you are very welcome to post pictures of both your cockerels and we may be able to offer you a little advise about your males.

How are things going?

Apologies for not updating further, but he's doing great - he's all healed and back outside, and it looks as though most of his tail feathers will grow back. He dropped a little weight during his recovery (no surprise), so he's been getting treats. He's SO happy to be back with his girls, and they are happy to have him back. They really are like a little family.

thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm

Apologies for not updating further, but he's doing great - he's all healed and back outside, and it looks as though most of his tail feathers will grow back. He dropped a little weight during his recovery (no surprise), so he's been getting treats. He's SO happy to be back with his girls, and they are happy to have him back. They really are like a little family.

thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm
Is that a crele plumaged tuftless Arucana? with a single comb and a crest --- LOL -- Kidding, only kidding! Keep us updated on his progress if you have time. ETA - you did a wonderful job of nursing him back to health.

Last edited:
Ive noticed a number of cockerel pictures now where the comb extends over the beak. My boy does to and I have found that he has a hard time judging where food is when he pecks at it often missing the food the first time often undershooting so to speak so it hits his comb instead. He often has to make several attempts. Is this comb over the beak supposed to be standard?

Has anyone else noticed that the large comb and forward nature make their cockerels look clumsy when eating?

thumbsup.gif

- Ant Farm

Does he have a standing weekly appt with you for a wash & blow dry ?
smile.png

Does he have a standing weekly appt with you for a wash & blow dry ?
smile.png
lau.gif

Actually, once he had been inside for about three weeks and was essentially all healed and waiting to go outside (pending that one scab falling off), he made it very clear that he was a ROOSTER, and wanted to be OUTSIDE, with his GIRLS!!! He did NOT want baths, and he did NOT want to be inside anymore. So that was his last bath. (He did like the blow drying part, though...)
lol.png

- Ant Farm

Back
Top Bottom