Chicken nuggie

Chirping
Jan 19, 2024
This is Crele correct?

Attachments

• BC14CC9F-D990-4A63-ABAF-64D577FADF62.png
    BC14CC9F-D990-4A63-ABAF-64D577FADF62.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 26
Well, he looks fairly close to crele, but not exactly. I think he may be single barred and probably has some color genetics that are different from standard bred birds of crele coloring. Mixed color genetics, in my opinion. Here is an example of pure crele coloring.
crele.jpg

Well, he looks fairly close to crele, but not exactly. I think he may be single barred and probably has some color genetics that are different from standard bred birds of crele coloring. Mixed color genetics, in my opinion. Here is an example of pure crele coloring.View attachment 3738947
Well, Crele can be single Barred as well. It is Barring plus Gold/Red Duckwing, or in some other cases Partridge.

He also looks like he maybe carrying charcoal, which gives a Brassy appearance.

Here's an example. Sometimes the charcoal gene can cover up some of the wing bar color. He's partridge based though.
20231208_112439.jpg

Well, Crele can be single Barred as well. It is Barring plus Gold/Red Duckwing, or in some other cases Partridge.
I usually think in terms of standard coloring for show birds rather than the genetic explanation, but I can see where you're coming from. I suppose the females would better show whether it was duckwing or partridge crele than the males.

I usually think in terms of standard coloring for show birds rather than the genetic explanation, but I can see where you're coming from. I suppose the females would better show whether it was duckwing or partridge crele than the males.
Yeah.
Females will certainly show a difference, always kinda hard to tell with the boys unless chick down is included.

Back
Top Bottom