Cremation or Burial?

What is your preference?

• Cremation

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Burial

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Both (Burial of your cremated remains)

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Haven't decided

• Don't care

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • None of the above

• Total voters
It was Mount Morrie (near Braemar) he wanted to scatter his ashes there! It would be a long time I hope! He is going to be 49 years old this year and healthy as a horse even his joints are creaking LOL! He just corrected me on when I asked him about Ben Nevis but its not the "right" one. He hiked up near Braemar in the hills and mountain and loved it there!

I dont know too many people in Scotland, just about ALL of them are online friends! It would have been simple just to mail hubby to the nearest person living near Ben Nevis and dump his ashes there LOL! No ceremony, probably just a simple gathering of friends he knew (alot of them are older folks, probably gone now).
Ewesheep, do you know someone in Scotland or perhaps England/Wales/N Ireland (maybe the latter could cause travel problems, ferries/flights etc)? Would that person be willing to carry out your husband's wishes for you? Maybe then you could be given a video/dvd of that last act as a Memorial. For us it made sense that my cousin who lives in Glasgow did the 'honours'. When I manage to get to see her again we shall go to where the ashes were scattered. I hope that you can find a way for your hussband's wishes to be carried out, although we all hope that will not be for many years to come.

Just thought, if the mountain you mean is Ben Nevis, then you might be able to contact a Member of the Clergy from a suitable Church and ask if he/she could carry out the ceremony for you, if you post the urn to them. You would need to look up the Churches for Fort William. Again, I am sure that they hope it will be many years before such services would be required.

Last edited:
My best friend died Wednesday. He was 56. He was cremated. He wanted part of his ashes scattered at a local lake we went fishing at. He was hoping the fish would eat his ashes as they floated before they sank to the bottom. Then when anyone caught a fish from there and ate it, they could have a bite of his ***!

As far as me, I could care less. Prop me up on creek bank with a fishing pole in my hand and let the critters eat on me. Did a shallow grave by one of my fruit trees so I make compost for it.

My best friend died Wednesday. He was 56. He was cremated. He wanted part of his ashes scattered at a local lake we went fishing at. He was hoping the fish would eat his ashes as they floated before they sank to the bottom. Then when anyone caught a fish from there and ate it, they could have a bite of his ***!
As far as me, I could care less. Prop me up on creek bank with a fishing pole in my hand and let the critters eat on me. Did a shallow grave by one of my fruit trees so I make compost for it.

hugs.gif
Oh no! I am so sorry for your loss :(

I don't like the idea of being buried in the ground. It's creepy, expensive, and pollutes the planet.

I would rather become fertilizer for trees or something like that. :)

Nope, I want buried. Most of my family is cremated.
My daddy who just passed away in October always said " Honey Why do you want to be worm food?"
And he was cremated.
And I always replied..."But Daddy what if your not dead."
With this in mind keep in mind I have known 2 different people that were in the morgue drawer awaiting autopsy's, that were still alive and still are today.
Fire just scares me to death.

Back
Top Bottom