Crested Cream Legbar Eggs - $6 each plus $15 shipping for up to nine eggs

cjwaldon

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 11, 2011
Missouri, USA
My Coop
My Coop
All photographs were taken by me of my own birds and are my intellectual property.
You do not have permission to use any of these images.

Please PM to purchase. Price is $6 per egg plus $15 shipping per order, maximum nine eggs per order.

Crested Cream Legbars are relatively new to the US. They were imported by Greenfire Farms who sold started juveniles last summer and fall, and sold day old chicks after that. This breed is autosexing, meaning that you can easily visually distinguish the boys from the girls at hatch, and this autosexing trait breeds true from generation to generation. Boys have a white spot to white blotching on their heads while female chicks have clearly defined chipmunk stripes. My male chicks have "fuzzy" chipmunk stripe with coloration ranging from dark brown to dark charcoal and various amounts of white on both head and body. My female chicks are uniformly consistent chestnut brown with darker chipmunk stripe down the back and no white anywhere.

I received my day old chicks directly from Greenfire Farms last November. My pullets began laying at 22 weeks. Only the first eggs laid were light sky blue. Now they are uniformly light mint green. I made a mint cheesecake with artificial green food color. These eggs remind me of that color only lighter. Everyone else is describing these eggs as "sky blue" or "robin's egg blue". I guess I just don't see it that way. They are pretty eggs in any case.

I have one rooster over three hens. Fertility has been tested. I'm getting 78%-100% fertility.

Shipping will be via USPS Priority mail with a tracking number. Payment due when reservation is confirmed.

I cannot guarantee your hatch rate due to conditions beyond my control. Hatching eggs are a risk so please DO NOT bid if you do not understand this. I do NOT replace eggs or refund. Please leave feedback on the arrival of your eggs, not your hatch rate.
Sorry, I am not NPIP.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom