Crocheters Thread

Pics
Aug 25, 2023
Priceville, AL
My Coop
My Coop
Hello everybody!
So recently I've been trying to find a crochet thread, but just can't seem to find one! So I'm making one.
This thread is for people who are interested in crocheting, who have just started crocheting, or are experts at crocheting! I think crocheting's a really fun hobby to pass time (and you can make money too!).

So, to any and all crocheters, come join!

Yeah actually! I'm making Christmas gifts for lots of people, and I'm working on (as we speak) a pride opossum for my nb friend. I'll probably be done tomorrow, so I'll post pictures. Are you working on anything?
I love making Christmas crochet gifts, I did that many years in a row. Post yours when finished!

Right now I am about to start working on this blanket...

Screenshot_20231203-184310_Drive.jpg

@Nugget2023 I saw your crocheted rooster, it's so cute! Would you like to join me?
@Chickengirl2671 I saw the little black cat you crocheted, it's so cute (but the otter oml I love it)! Come join us!
@SimpleJenn Even your pfp is crocheted! The more the merrier.
And last but definitely not least...
@TwoCrows ! I didn't even know you crocheted but apparently you do! It'd be an honor for you to join me on a simple little thread.

Last edited:
I just need some good advice on how to crochet. I was Woking on a blanket for my nativity but it did not even come out:he:oops:
Is it easy once you get the hang of it?
There are lots of how to videos on YouTube. Watch them do a stitch and you repeat it. Start out very simple making a pot holder or a washcloth using a very simple stitch like the "single crochet". Very easy to do and just keep repeating the same stitch. You can then work on tension of the yarn and consistency.

I crochet as well! I've made all kinds of things, as it helps me destress and calm down at the end of a day.
These are a couple of little guinea pigs I made, the white one for a friend and the brown one for me to keep.
IMG_3627.jpeg

The white one matches my friend's real guinea pig. :love
IMG_9145.jpeg

The guinea pigs were made with my handspun yarn, which is very coarse and thick, as I'm not that good at spinning yet. As such, it doesn't work too well for most projects, but it's perfect for guinea pigs. I made four of them as Christmas presents.
This is a shawl I made with self-striping yarn, which turned out really nicely.
IMG_3717.jpeg

And my latest project, a crochet hat made to look knitted. It's worked entirely in BLO slip stitches, which took forever, but I love the stitching.
IMG_4013.jpeg

And that's all! I'm currently working on a set of fingerless gloves to match the hat, but those aren't coming along very fast...

I didn't get these exact colors either, I was going to go with shades of green, but I couldn't find the colors I wanted. I considered blues too but eventually settled on shades of brown, tan and orange.
Here are two of mine.

1000006806.jpg

1000006807.jpg

My DH has the top one on his bed right now and I've been working on one in yellow and orange for my GirlChild. I just love this pattern. Thank you for the instructions, I needed the counts!

Back
Top Bottom