Cropping and Dubbing in 4-H

I know the history of dubbing and cropping. I don't see the point in carrying down the tradition of fighting, especially when it is illegal, but I am not looking to argue here.

I don't understand why no one else has thought about simply breeding them to have small, flat combs. It is not impossible, definitely not hard at all. Humans are just lazy, I guess.

That would work well if they do not require dubbing and cropping! Bantams are always a better choice to me because they take up less space and less overall items (like food and water).
yes i agree. The rules need changed so undubbed roos can be showed

I don't agree with dubbing. It just seems unnecessary and wrong to cut off parts of their body just so they "look better". I would rather just not show game fowl at all then dubb them. I show seramas instead. They are one of my favorite breeds and do not need to be dubbed

I don't agree with dubbing. It just seems unnecessary and wrong to cut off parts of their body just so they "look better". I would rather just not show game fowl at all then dubb them. I show seramas instead. They are one of my favorite breeds and do not need to be dubbed
Seramas are so cute, I love them! But apparently only white Seramas are accepted currently, if my American Standard of Perfection is right.

Question: is that for hens too, or just for roosters? And is that required at all ages, or just for birds past a certain age?
Stags, & Cocks(Roosters) only. Hens/pullets don't need to be dubbed.

Dubbing can be done anywhere between 10 weeks to a year of age, as long as the comb, & wattles are grown out enough. But it must be done before a bird is shown.

Back
Top Bottom