Cross country chicks

kstaven

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Jan 26, 2007
BC, Washington Border
Had 24 (SDW GDW) OEG eggs shipped from the east coast to the west. 4 looked suspect on arrival. By day 10 it was obvious they would not develop. Well it is just into day 21 now and 17 made to day 21.

Just did a late night check and one is pipping. Here's hoping for the rest.
fl.gif

Last edited:
Oh what fun! I am on day 14......I SOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo want to get in there and candle them....but I wont....looking in the little window is good enough for me...for now...HURRY DAY 21!!!
barnie.gif

Was concerned because none of the others where pipping. Then I looked at the calender and realized that the chick that started pipping last night was a day early.
hu.gif
:confused:

For some reason I was a day ahead in my thinking. Maybe tracking too many sets of eggs. And about 100 more on the way.
he.gif

Will break out the camera and then figure out how to post pics here.

If i set in the evening I don't count that as day 1. this is a strange hatch. One over a day early one a day early, one on day 21, and some just starting to pip. So this hatch will be spread across 4 days anyways.

Checked the incubator and temps are consistant throughout. Used a second thermometer and hygrometer to double check the accuracy of the first ones and they read indentical. Scratching my head on this hatch.

Back
Top Bottom