Crossroads and the resurrection of the Oriental Club

saladin

Songster
10 Years
Mar 30, 2009
the South
Years ago Horst Schmudde, a friend of mine, helped to start the Oriental Club in America. That Club has been defunct for several years now.

I'm planning on being at the Crossroads Show.

Would anyone who is going to the Crossroads Show be interested in seeing this club come back to life? You all know my love for Cubalayas, Asil, Malgache, and Shamos. I'd like to hear from any that are interested. If there is enough interest then I will get us a meeting room to see if we can get started again. It is up to y'all, but I'm willing of facilitate this thing if you want to see it go.

I am unable to make the show, but , I would be very pleased if that club would be resurrected!! Consider me your second member!!
tongue.png
I would be willing to help out in some aspect if needed-just cannot make the show.

I hope some others show some interest!!!!

If you won't be there Gallo then we may make you the first President! lol............. you did volunteer.

Last edited:
How about some details on the show. I`ve seen you mention it many times, but never gave it a lot of thought, because I don`t show my fowl. However, if it doesn`t coinside with other things I`m committed to, I may talk the little woman into taking a ride..........Pop

Count the Rose's in! We plan to meet some of our fellow Cubalaya breeders, in person. As far as bringing birds, i think we are only bringing Cubalayas. the OEGB are quite competitive at that level, plus with molting, only time will tell what we can bring. Also i live 2,300 miles away, so i will probably have to ship the birds there.
roll.png
shipping them there is colstly too, and the males tail condition is an isssue.

Last edited:
Crossroad Show
Indianapolis IN Fairground (they're huge)

Oct 28-30, 2011

At the last Crossroads Show there were nearly 12,000 birds; making it the largest show ever in America (poultry). It is a sight to behold. An awesome event that everyone within driving distance needs to make. APA/ABA Joint National with many other Clubs also having National Meets/meetings including the SPPA.

If someone has the link to the Show webpage please put it up. Thanks.

Quote:
If the show is in the same building as last time the natural lighting is just awesome. It makes a huge difference when trying to see small details.

Back
Top Bottom